Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Suggestion/Queries for this Forum

3 posters

Go down

Suggestion/Queries for this Forum Empty Suggestion/Queries for this Forum

Post by elhefe Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:20 am

Dear mod,

I have been wanting to ask these questions and put in some suggestion for quite some time:

1. Why is it for an item for sale under Malaysia and Singapore, only Dealers only are allowed to 'reply' or bump their posting and not the normal member?

2. How do you know that the member that register is really actually a dealer?

3. Now that we have 'by Dealers' section, why cant the dealers post their thread there? Rather than flooding the Audio Visual for Sale section which actually then pushes down normal members posting to sell their items. I do suggest dealers to start posting under the Dealers section.

I do apologies if that these have been discussed before.

Suggestion/Queries for this Forum Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestion/Queries for this Forum Empty Re: Suggestion/Queries for this Forum

Post by gloraglory Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:07 am

agree
gloraglory
gloraglory
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi guys,

Meant to answer them earlier...anyway, hope to share some of the thought processes here:
Q1. Why is it for an item for sale under Malaysia and Singapore, only Dealers only are allowed to 'reply' or bump their posting and not the normal member?
H4S: We used to allow replies to every 'For Sale' thread. Unfortunately, diversions happen frequently and quickly devolve into negative or no-value-added remarks. Enabling this function for Dealers/Resellers/Service Providers/Traders (DRST) works on the premise that they are usually visible and not anonymous, plus the fact that they would be benefiting from the BUMP feature.

Q2. How do you know that the member that register is really actually a dealer?
H4S: Good question. There are no hard and fast rules to this one. If the H4S member is an employee or owner and expressly promoting products of the business, that would be straightforward. However, there exists a class of H4S members who are not running a Hi-Fi business explicitly, but due to the amount of items being posted for sale, appear to be re-selling them for commercial gain, then they would fall into the same DRST category. That said, there are many grey areas and we may commit some classification errors in certain cases. Pardon us.

Q3. Now that we have 'by Dealers' section, why cant the dealers post their thread there? Rather than flooding the Audio Visual for Sale section which actually then pushes down normal members posting to sell their items. I do suggest dealers to start posting under the Dealers section.
H4S: This has been debated many times. Again, due to the 'greyness' of classifying a H4S member as a DRST, this may not be practical. Alternatively, we've mulled the idea of categorising them by product types (eg. source, amps, speakers, accessories etc.), but the thought of more misplaced threads/posts & figuring how to classify bundles has kept us from doing so. The best you can do is to properly describe your item (correct brand/model spelling, proper description).

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:26 am

Thanks mod. It looks like the DRST group have the upper hand compared to normal members. I do feel normal members would benefit more with the 'BUMP' feature as individual posting can easily be pushed to the 2nd or 3rd page within 24 hours. Where I would think normal member are trying to sell their used kit to finance an upgrade. While DRST sometimes even selling brand new items which are also advertised on their blogs or even company website.

Still cant see the reasoning on why DRST cannot post their sale items under Dealers section. I would feel it would be easier for forum members to go through DRST items under that section and if forum member prefer to look for a more personal item, can go to members posting. I believe because of the greyness then we should split between DRST item for sale posting from normal member postings.

Nevertheless, if it takes time and effort to implement these suggestions, then I understand as we are not the ones who have to revamp the website. No worries.

Suggestion/Queries for this Forum Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 pm

elhefe,

If you say that the DRST group have the upper hand, that is not the intention. It's been quite a while that members have been disallowed from replying to posts: https://www.hifi4sale.net/t2798-suggestion-to-disable-posting-messages-in-for-sale-threads

Let's try it out. BTW, you will have a PM soon.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down