Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner

+106
hirez
Zaku51
thomasdevendran
D_Y2k.9^
JediSavant
joydivision
jimel71
tmahmood
Porex
kychoo99
fireballmivec6315
cyh
DrWho
pokcek
oracle
arkstorm2
brabusm
Mikapoh
Nil
moderneagle
ckgnoh
xk2
7810sam
chenht
abeye
jokiarch
cloud9
carz
dheensay
Razz
dlyz
WongKK
matlap
bal
adrian4454
noodle88
boxer
elhefe
fizi
lup
tlkoo
mohfudz
balokboy
arremie
samn
bryanz
chchyong89
hifikrazy
dylan
VS126
CT-Boy
microkernel
shah zain
gloraglory
skydna
Amir
hakim
sph
SVI3206A
mofaz
eugenecctan
BrAvO
Lamkochai
kkthen
mpyw
kancan
mrquery
B52
dixchen
deng8895
rjdio
mad.onenad
mkleong
sunsn
jteoh
joeling
htkaki
CLH
rsbn589
Wan Azami Hamzah
Bite
mugenfoo
WongKN
zeebee
Cooltube
wabun
alcmy
bimmerman
hughesths
soonthas
car o scope
sting
jazzy939
uncle_vic
llsaw
hazy
azri
duo2a3
LazerJuan
zul
hasnul
tycham
Chewkw
yeahsky2006
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
110 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner

Post by bimmerman Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Here is my humble bedroom setup. Not by choice but because my one room studio lacks the necessary real estate to properly setup a listening room.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2010

The wife says i'm not to turn the bedroom into a hifi room. Everything must be descreet. Well, at least she likes the Minima Amator.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Character sheet
Source(s): Mark Levinson
Amplification: KRELL
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner

Post by bimmerman Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:48 pm

No hifi racks allowed says the wife so everything has to be stuffed into a book case. It's not ideal and probabably detrimental to the sound, turntable especially, makes my vinyls sound thin and lacking in bass...

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2011
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Right on top sits the Thorens TD-150MKII. I'm thinking I should mount 2 brackets on the back wall and suspend it there. Maybe it would bring back the groove to my vinyls?

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2012
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:56 pm

This Cary CD300 Dual 20bit Valve CD player is truely a gem. It's the most analog sounding CD player i've ever heard.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2013

You place a CD on the turntable as you would a vinyl record. Playing surface facing up like a vinyl record. Sound? Like a vinyl record without surface noise.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2014

You can't see it but beneath lurks a trio of vintage NOS Telefunkens circa 1940. Well worth the asking price for these rare gems!

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2015

Last edited by bimmerman on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Power delivery is US Nema receptacles. Furutech 20 Amp power cable to the Krell KAV300i. Can't afford AC filtration at this stage so it's just a Harmonix AC Enacom standing erect with ferrite clamps in place and Wireworld Squared series power cable to the CD player. It's got power conditioning properties say the folks at Wireworld. I can hear it and it's quite true.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2016
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Kimber KCAG interconnects. Both pairs of my KCAG look different. One has a more transparent insulation and the other is white. I emailed Ray Kimber with pictures about it and he says it's normal and both sound identical according to Mr. Kimber.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2017
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:15 pm

I'm saving these for my Retro Sci-Fi music lounge when I move to a bigger place... These Minipods don't only look good, they're not bad sounding either. But due to their enthusiastic sounding nature, best partnered with Valve gear.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2018

Forget that Cambridge DacMagic thingy, my Audio Alchemy DDE V3.0 DAC makes my Marantz CD-63SE sound like a million bucks!
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:06 pm

That CD mechanism looks like a Pioneer Stable Platter that has been long discontinued. The CD player must be around 10 years old right ?

bimmerman wrote:This Cary CD300 Dual 20bit Valve CD player is truely a gem. It's the most analog sounding CD player i've ever heard.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2013

You place a CD on the it's turntable as you would a vinyl record. Playing surface facing up like a vinyl record. Sound? Like a vinyl record without surface noise.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2014

You can't see it but beneath lurks a trio of vintage NOS Telefunkens circa 1940. Well worth the asking price for these rare gems!

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2015
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm

That is correct, it's based on a Pioneer Stable Platter mechanism. The Wadia 23 is also based on the same Pioneer mechanism. Pretty robust mechanism this. Never had a problem playing CD-R or scratched CDs. They don't make things like they used to.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:56 pm

WongKN wrote:I personally would welcome AV/HT systems as well and I would think others would too. Show us the photo of your system lar Max, with your brand new 5-ch power amp.

Car O Scope, go down to Seremban to visit you and you bring me makan-makan ? I bring my significant other half along as well OK or not ?
That's nice to hear that AV/HT is being welcomed. But, my setup is nothing to shout compares to most setups here H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_redface

Here are some of the shots (pardon my poor photography skill)

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 IMG_4620

SVS MTS-01 & PB13-Ultra

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 IMG_4621

AS-EQ1 (Sub EQ)

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 IMG_4622-1
htkaki
htkaki
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Whao - is that a Tamiya 3-speed in the cabinet ? Looks like a Toyota but can't make out the model.

bimmerman wrote:Here is my humble bedroom setup. Not by choice but because my one room studio lacks the necessary real estate to properly setup a listening room.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dsc_2010

The wife says i'm not to turn the bedroom into a hifi room. Everything must be descreet. Well, at least she likes the Minima Amator.
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:12 pm

It is indeed very encouraging and heartenging to see that the response to this thread have picked up and a bit more forumers are now contributing. Many thanks to those who contributed. To those who have been asking for photos but haven't do so yourself (we can all see who you are in the 1st page H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_biggrin ), its time for you to put in your part as well.

Also, after some thoughts I think we should just leave this thread as it is. It's doing great and one thing I have learned from experience is to never mess around with a good thing ! H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_lol
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Bimmerman,

For your Thorens, some things you can also consider besides the wall bracket (which might be a bit tough to fit inside the cupboard).

1. Use a thicker base instead of the current one which is probably some soft laminated plywood. Or better use some other material, say thick glass or acrylic ?

2. Usually those cupboard supports a base-board by 4 tiny knobs pushed into flimsy holes on the side. You can consider getting some angled wall shelf brackets from Ikea or Jusco and then secure those brackets to the cupboard walls and support your base board on them instead of the tiny supports.

3. Have you tried some sort of suspension feets ? Like ceramuc cones or something. Usually in the KLAVS there's plenty of those for sale but as the 2010 KLAVS is more than half a year away, perhaps a visit to CMY, HiWay Laser, Audio Image, Tong Lee, etc might be fruitful ?

A TT is most susceptible to vibration. Tonearms, TT suspension, etc, they are all there to remove vibration because the catridge needle vibrates inside the LP groove to produce sound so any extra vibration simply messes up the sound. So the best way is first firm and solid suspension, then some sort of vibration control. The above are just random thoughts but are based on the two principles (solid suspension and vibration control) which most serious TT players will adopt. My 2 sens lar. H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:05 pm

More :

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 IMG_4619

Sorry for the cheap looking rack.

Using this for surr :

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 IMG_4609

And the rear surr :

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 IMG_4615

Last edited by WongKN on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct the image)
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:07 pm

mr wong, i guess many need to 'really' get to know each other 1st then starts to share on facts & figures & photos & become homos as well H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:10 pm

encik bimmer, shanling cd300 good aa? ever auditioned one?
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:41 pm

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dscn8910

Vintage stuff. H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_smile
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:30 am

joeling wrote:Whao - is that a Tamiya 3-speed in the cabinet ? Looks like a Toyota but can't make out the model.

Joeling, you betcha that's a Tamiya 3 Speed. It's a Toyota Hilux 4X4. It has a dedicated third channel and servo to control gearshift and I've adapted it to run 4 wheel steering too. I don't get to run it much these days though.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWOEAUdLay8

In the background you can hear my mother nagging at me, asking me to slow down.

Last edited by bimmerman on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:36 am

WongKN wrote:Bimmerman,

For your Thorens, some things you can also consider besides the wall bracket (which might be a bit tough to fit inside the cupboard).

1. Use a thicker base instead of the current one which is probably some soft laminated plywood. Or better use some other material, say thick glass or acrylic ?

2. Usually those cupboard supports a base-board by 4 tiny knobs pushed into flimsy holes on the side. You can consider getting some angled wall shelf brackets from Ikea or Jusco and then secure those brackets to the cupboard walls and support your base board on them instead of the tiny supports.

3. Have you tried some sort of suspension feets ? Like ceramuc cones or something. Usually in the KLAVS there's plenty of those for sale but as the 2010 KLAVS is more than half a year away, perhaps a visit to CMY, HiWay Laser, Audio Image, Tong Lee, etc might be fruitful ?

A TT is most susceptible to vibration. Tonearms, TT suspension, etc, they are all there to remove vibration because the catridge needle vibrates inside the LP groove to produce sound so any extra vibration simply messes up the sound. So the best way is first firm and solid suspension, then some sort of vibration control. The above are just random thoughts but are based on the two principles (solid suspension and vibration control) which most serious TT players will adopt. My 2 sens lar. H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Thanks Mr. Wong, appreciate the advise which will come in very handy during the long Holiday season. Gonna look into my long abandoned TT setup. H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 am

azri wrote:encik bimmer, shanling cd300 good aa? ever auditioned one?

Encik Zree, aye, mine is Cary CD300 lah, strange you should ask me about Shanling CD300?

But you're in luck, yes i've heard the Shanling CD300... Not bad for the price, big Krell-like casing in aluminium and looks really expensive. I betcha the casing will account very much for the sound, keeping EMF/RMI inteference at bay and damping away undesired vibrations. Sound is quite transparent and soundstage is large with good imaging. Treble a tad grainy (maybe needs to run in). Midrange is ok, quite smooth but not outstanding. Bass is adequete but could be a little tighter. I'd say it's up there with RM10K range of orangputeh players.

This Shanling is a great candidate for modding too with websites dedicated towards transforming it into a true giant killer. Too bad they're mostly in chinese. And I don't read chinese.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:33 am

[quote="bimmerman"]
WongKN wrote:

Thanks Mr. Wong, appreciate the advise which will come in very handy during the long Holiday season. Gonna look into my long abandoned TT setup. H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Img0787x__

Last edited by mugenfoo on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Moogen, you can actually pivot that TP13a to get the correct VTA right? My Ortofon cartridge is quite tall so I had to pivot that TP13a to get the correct VTA for the cartridge. The arm will end up less than horizontal though. Looking forward to your post...
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jteoh Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:42 pm

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dscn0315

Best of both worlds? - AV and Hi Fi using the same main 'front speaker'. You only need 2 pairs of speaker cables - 1 for the AV amp and another to the stereo amp..

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dscn0316

Michell Technodec/Rega RB250/ Rewired interconnect from cartridge pins to phono stage /Michell counterweight/Dynavector 10x5 cart
Promitheus TVC / Myrard power amp

jteoh

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Japson, how much did you pay for those racks ? I am looking for economical racks to put my AV system and I need 4 tier but not too tall lar.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:13 pm

BTW, thanks very much for sharing the photos.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:38 pm

encik bimmer, thats because when its labelled cd 300 same as shanling, i thought its one of those effort to copycat ones achievement
btw, shanling cd300 does look gorgeous & its top loading.. super!!
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:33 pm

KNWong, here is the close up shot of the Emotiva XPA-5

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 IMG_4627
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:57 am

azri wrote:encik bimmer, thats because when its labelled cd 300 same as shanling, i thought its one of those effort to copycat ones achievement
btw, shanling cd300 does look gorgeous & its top loading.. super!!

Same name but the similarities end right there. The Cary CD300 uses a CD tray with a turntable to spin CDs while the Shanling uses a top loading Phillips unit. The Shanling has a aluminium manual sliding cover which is gorgeously made but actually quite dissappointing to operate. The aluminium cover grinds in it's tracks when you open or close it. Maybe some kind of lubricant would help but I doubt you'll ever be able to get it to glide like a finely oiled instrument. As for valves, the Cary uses a trio of 12AU7 while the Shanling uses a pair of 6922. They both sound quite different actually.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by CLH Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:27 am

Hi,
KN Wong's suggestion to split the thread is a good idea. I further suggest this: Split the thread - (1) Member's systems (pictures & description only) and (2) Member's systems (comments & discussions only). For (1) no discussions just systems postings so that it won't run into long pages with lots of interruptions. And (2) is for discussions referring only to postings of (1) just words no pictures to make it short and fast to load. And for replies, no need to "quote" the pictures posted. Just my 2 sens suggestion. Thanks & Best regards and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
CLH
CLH
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Character sheet
Source(s): Tape, Vinyl, CD, SACD, digital streaming
Amplification: Musical Fidelity, Mark Levinson, Audio Research Ref110
Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II, Apogee miniGrand

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:48 pm

mestilah encik bimmer, its just a thought when i googled cd300
anyway, besides cd300, pioneer pd-s06 was also a sought after model
whatever that cary is having, theres a possibility pd-s06 was also having
like the hiend dac , tha stabble platter & off course pioneer with their legato links
anyways.. these s06 does becomes favourites for those who likes to mods
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Pix of my toys..
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Pa241410

Cable dressing. Power cable is temp loan item while CMY get mine done up. Power cable on my Primare is next when budget is available
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Pa241412

Lovely looking Primare C30 remote purchased at extra cost next to Saturn and Apollo user manuals which are both identical cept Rega's manual editor replaced "Apollo" with "Saturn". For a cd player costing > 2 times the Apollo I believe Rega can do better!
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 P9261310

Proac Studio 125 which I'm planning to replace with Response D18 hopefully sometime next year
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Pc281210

The lovely Siltech ST18 IQ interconnect. Handed my previous AQ King Cobra a clean pair of heels in all frequencies making the already excellent King Cobra sound veiled in comparison. Only half the diameter of the King Cobra though. One of the most transparent interconnects I've heard to-date without spending silly money. All cables sound the same and fatter cables sound better? Pah!
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Pa241413

Last edited by llsaw on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Pix of my Usher SR-4 rack getting assembled. The thing's a bloody %^&E# to assemble and set-up and probably weighs as much as my wife! Oh and Usher only provide nickel plated mild steel bolts on a ~1.5K rack. Had to separately purchase stainless steel equivalents. The spike and spike boots are lovely CNC machined items though..
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Pa111310

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Pa191410

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Part of my small CD collection a couple months back
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 P9291310

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Great stuff Andrew. How much does that Usher equipment rack cost ? Have you compared it to Finite Elemente ?
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:06 am

WongKN wrote:Great stuff Andrew. How much does that Usher equipment rack cost ? Have you compared it to Finite Elemente ?

Hi WongKN,

The Usher rack's bout ~1.5K. Have not compared with Finite Elemente Pagode as out of my budget. Don't really like the Spider. Naim Fraim also out of my budget H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_sad I was thinking about SolidTech Radius but that was bout ~2K or so and had to be imported from S'pore. Didn't have time to bother with the hassle..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:45 am

llsaw wrote:
WongKN wrote:Great stuff Andrew. How much does that Usher equipment rack cost ? Have you compared it to Finite Elemente ?

Hi WongKN,

The Usher rack's bout ~1.5K. Have not compared with Finite Elemente Pagode as out of my budget. Don't really like the Spider. Naim Fraim also out of my budget H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_sad I was thinking about SolidTech Radius but that was bout ~2K or so and had to be imported from S'pore. Didn't have time to bother with the hassle..

Hi,

Can provide local distributor/dealer info for the Usher (CMY?) and have more spouse friendly designs Wink? Looking for good racks (as per Sifu Wong) as u can c on another tread here. Hope u can help.

Cheers,

zb
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:16 am

http://www.cmy.com.my

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 pm

Dropped by CMY in 1U and they have a quite nice rack asking for somewhere around RM600 but no stock, have to wait till January. Drop by the 'Hi Fi Shop' in the new wing and they have some cheaper ones but doesn't look as solid as the ones from CMY (was at 1U because I needed to pick up my Samsung Blu-Ray player).

Am planning to visit Amcorp mall on Monday. I am on leave but my wife's still working so I need to 'lepak' for the day before I pick her up after work. Anyone knows what time the 'rack shops' in Amcorp mall will open ?
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:30 am

that ATS shop will open from around 11am onwards.

And there is the one and only rack shop. Otherwise u can also go lepak at Ikea .. who knows , might get some funky ideas there for a custom job rack !
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:59 am

Is that the so-called 'Middle Kingdom' shop someone was mentioning earlier here ?
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by sunsn Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:32 am

No. The ATS (exclusive hi fi rack shop) is on the 1st Floor and Audio Synthesis (aka Middle Kingdom) is on the 2nd Floor, I believe. ATS opens around noon, if I am not mistaken.

Cheers!

sunsn

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:07 am

I need a rack too as my XPA-5 is on the floor for now. Maybe will drop by Amcorp on this weekend
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:58 am

You will need a heavy-duty rack for that heavy poweramp. H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_smile
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mkleong Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:12 am

WongKN wrote:Dropped by CMY in 1U and they have a quite nice rack asking for somewhere around RM600 but no stock, have to wait till January. Drop by the 'Hi Fi Shop' in the new wing and they have some cheaper ones but doesn't look as solid as the ones from CMY (was at 1U because I needed to pick up my Samsung Blu-Ray player).

Am planning to visit Amcorp mall on Monday. I am on leave but my wife's still working so I need to 'lepak' for the day before I pick her up after work. Anyone knows what time the 'rack shops' in Amcorp mall will open ?

Hi WongKN,

The rack you mentioned in CMY is it the clone of a Soundstyle rack in the picture below, but only 4 tiers and without the bottom spikes?
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Image

Months ago I was looking for a rack and was tempted to get this from CMY (because it looks nice assembled and on display) but managed to get the above same rack a little cheaper in Hiway Laser. However, the construction for the middle 2 shelves (the one I had was 4 tiers) is not so solid/stable (you will know it when you assemble the rack)..overall I'm not satisfy with the quality of this rack.

I'm still looking for a good quality rack with budget around RM1K - RM1.5K. Considering some wooden racks from ATS or the Atacama Equinox range (but rather expensive).. Anyone else with good racks to recommend at this price level?

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_santa Merry X'mas!

mkleong

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mad.onenad Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:45 pm

hi jteoh,
nice system u hv there. ur wife doesn't mind the speakers jutting out like that? lucky u.
o, may i know where u got the promitheus tvc?

mad.onenad
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jteoh Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:53 pm

mad.onenad,

Just go to www.promitheusaudio.com website to order

jteoh

Back to top Go down

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Empty 'Usher' Rack At Middle Kingdom

Post by zeebee Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:15 pm

WongKN wrote:Is that the so-called 'Middle Kingdom' shop someone was mentioning earlier here ?

Talking about Middle Kingdom shop, also saw on display window, similar rack to usher shown above in the MK shop, not sure whether ori coz saw other 'cloned' products oso on display (saw cloned B&W bookshelf spkrs complete with the nautilus tweeters Shocked ).

Cheers,

zb
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:10 am

mkleong wrote:
WongKN wrote:Dropped by CMY in 1U and they have a quite nice rack asking for somewhere around RM600 but no stock, have to wait till January. Drop by the 'Hi Fi Shop' in the new wing and they have some cheaper ones but doesn't look as solid as the ones from CMY (was at 1U because I needed to pick up my Samsung Blu-Ray player).

Hi WongKN,

The rack you mentioned in CMY is it the clone of a Soundstyle rack in the picture below, but only 4 tiers and without the bottom spikes?
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Image

Months ago I was looking for a rack and was tempted to get this from CMY (because it looks nice assembled and on display) but managed to get the above same rack a little cheaper in Hiway Laser. However, the construction for the middle 2 shelves (the one I had was 4 tiers) is not so solid/stable (you will know it when you assemble the rack)..overall I'm not satisfy with the quality of this rack.

I'm still looking for a good quality rack with budget around RM1K - RM1.5K. Considering some wooden racks from ATS or the Atacama Equinox range (but rather expensive).. Anyone else with good racks to recommend at this price level?

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_santa Merry X'mas!

MKleong,

Get the Usher SR-4. Build quality is impressive and it even improves on the sound compared to when my equipment was on the floor.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jteoh Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:20 pm

What a difference a day makes!
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Dscn2920

Also got the new Cayin A55T tube amp to drive the Cremonas
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Cayin_10H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Hifi_r11

jteoh

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:45 pm

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Img_4610

SVS bookshelf speakers - SBS-01.
Nope. That's not a prototype PC subwoofer from SVS at the back though. H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 3 Icon_razz
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next