Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Cowboy Jonkies-Sing In My Meadow Vol.3 LP

Go down

Cowboy Jonkies-Sing In My Meadow Vol.3 LP Empty Cowboy Jonkies-Sing In My Meadow Vol.3 LP

Post by TheVinlyShop Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Cowboy Junkies : Sing In My Meadow

The idea for volume 3 is to create an album of music based around the psychedelic, blues inspired forays that we are so fond of venturing off on, on stage. We are referencing Miles at the Isle of Wight deep in his Bitches Brew phase; Captain Beefheart and his Mirror Man psychoses; The Birthday Party live at the Electric Ballroom circa 1981; Neil and Crazy Horse in the back room at SIR….overdriven and thick with electricity.

When I started to work on the songs for Sing In My Meadow my initial ambition was to write four or five new songs, add a few covers to the mix and then re-work and re-energize a few songs from our catalogue with the spirit and attack that we use on a song like Hunted. But once I holed up at Margo’s farm with my newly refurbished Howard Roberts (thank you Tim), my faithful Princeton II, my awesome Fairfield Circuitry drive pedal, and then plugged in and started to wail, it was just too much fun to stop. I wasn’t too concerned about structure or the intricacy of the lyric. I just wanted attitude and something to drop in the lap of Al, Pete, Jeff and Margo. I knew if I brought them something with a spark to it, they would do the rest. I ended up writing eight new songs for the album.

I’ve been blasting my face with overdriven everything, trying to come up with a sound that is rude and ugly, but at the same time, is just plain fun to listen to. I’d send the days mixes off to Pete, Marg and Al every night and they’d get back to me with their comments and I’d adjust and tinker and tweak and try and see if I could get it all just a little bit louder, a little bit nastier, a little bit more gnarled and grouchy and crotchety in keeping with our age and temperaments. I think, I hope, we have succeeded. I want to make this the album that you put on when you’re trying to clear your living space of partygoers that have overstayed their welcome and you find your new BFF when that one person says, “hey, this is pretty cool…what is this?”.

DIV033LP
Album Information
180g Single LP.
24th October 2011

Cowboy Jonkies-Sing In My Meadow Vol.3 LP Produc10

THe Vinyl Shop 0321100584
Sungei Wang Plaza

TheVinlyShop
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2012-11-14