Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold)

2 posters

Go down

Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold) Empty Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold)

Post by HiFiLab Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:54 pm

Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold) 20140617

Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold) 20140618

Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold) 20140619

Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold) 20140620

Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold) 20140621

Product Description
Bass-reflex
Frequency response 55-26,000 Hz
8-ohm impedance
Sensitivity 89 dB
Handles up to 125 watts
Keyhole slot

Polk's FXi5 surround is flexible, beautiful, a quality piece of craftsmanship, sounds incredible, and is acoustically comparable to surrounds that cost almost twice as much.

Here's a little breakdown:

If you are planning on hanging your surround speaker on a wall, the FXi5 is for you.

It has a sturdy backing backing plate with a dual key-hole design, so you don't have to purchase extra mounting brackets.

Additionally, being wedge or triangle-shaped, it is not very deep, so it won't be an eyesore and stick far off your back wall.

The speaker itself is beautifully finished in low-gloss black and the speaker grills are high quality. As this speaker is a dipole/bipole unit, you have increased placement flexibility over most surround speakers.

Can't mount the speakers behind you, have to place them off to the side of your seating position? No problem.
Want to place them right behind your head? No problem.

Polk includes a dipole/bipole switch on the speakers to adjust their phase, which will change the sound field they create based on their position in the room. I can tell you first-hand that the dual-sided nature of these speakers creates an impressively widespread and dispersive sound field where I have them hung (behind me on the back wall).

Height-wise, for those of you who don't know, the recommendation is to hang them at a height where the tweeter will match your ear while STANDING. Yes, standing, as opposed to fronts, which should match your ear height while seated. Just a piece of advice. Oh, and when you hang them, use both keyholes and either drill into a stud or use molleys, because these things are heavy!

Acoustically, these speakers are typical Polk quality.

The 6 1/2" woofers put out clearly defined midbass and decent bass for their size.

The 1" tweeters are smooth silk domes, not harsh metal domes.

I find the combination to be warm and accurate without being shrill or fatiguing. In order to get deep base, you will need a sub, but you know that.

These speakers are power efficient for their size, but you'll want 100 watts or more per channel for these babies to really sing.

As I stated in the beginning of this review, these speakers are the best bang-for-the-buck speakers you will find, Polk has done a phenomenal job (once again). Enjoy!

Price : RM Sold

Last edited by HiFiLab on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sold)

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold) Empty Re: Polk Audio f/xi5 Dipole-BiPole Wall Hanging Surround Speaker (Sold)

Post by chinkw1 Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:31 pm

1. dipole/bipole ? What does it mean?
2. How is the condition?
3. Are you able to let go at RM600 ?

chinkw1
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-05-23

Back to top Go down