Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Need advise for speaker upgrade

4 posters

Go down

Need advise for speaker upgrade Empty Need advise for speaker upgrade

Post by Mathi Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:38 am

Dear HIFI Guru's,
I would like to seek your opinion on the following option whether this is suitable setup or it's pricey & not worth it to upgrade or opt for BOSE Aucousticmas 5 satelite & woofer speaker.

Curently i'm using NAD 3255 BEE amp which hooked up to 3 way 12inch Infinity speaker which is very bulky but there is no complain about the sound quality or the ouput & I would like to switch to BOSE satelite speakers..please advise whether this would be better choice since the new BOSE would cost almost $2K for 2 cube & 1 Woofer.

Appreciate your feed back & if there is anyone with used BOSE satelite speaker for sale also please let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Mathi

Mathi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Need advise for speaker upgrade Empty Re: Need advise for speaker upgrade

Post by tlkoo Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 am

your choices are not confined to bose satelite speaker systems

perhaps some pair of bookshelf speakers with a subwoofer/pair of subwoofers could make your choices too

cheers

tlkoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tannoy Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:06 pm

I suggest you go for a good bookshelf spk and an active sub,
those sub+sat systems are normally more to lifestyle than hi-fi.
If you are serious about sound quality.

tannoy
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Need advise for speaker upgrade Empty Bose

Post by jemmi Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:27 am

I'm using Bose speaker set for almost 3 years & selling it on 2006. Most of the time Bose hooked with my PC with mod X-Fi sound card & DAC. In my experienced Bose ver good for beginner & sound good for small area & low/mid volume level. Bose produce warm & very good soundstage but cannot touch or match my main stereo set up with Tube set & Sonus Faber (Bose may be 70%).

For me Bose not up to Audiophile standard but excellent with PC for gaming or compress (like mp3/mp4/AAC/WMA) audio plus movie.

Why not try audition it with high volume level (with dynamic recording material - you will know)? I think your NAD pair with PSB B1 or Monitor Audio BR2 may be better (for more dynamic use small subwoofer). Don't trust me, trust your ears.
jemmi
jemmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathi Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:47 am

Thank you for you feed back Jemmi really appreciate if, you're right, I should try audition it with high volume and I'm not sure whether can I compare directly between my existing monster Infinity 12 inch 3 way speaker versus the satelite speakers.

For your info I love to listen loud and enjoyed the bass punch from my existing speaker & not sure whether I would get the same if I were to move for smaller foot print speakers.

Perhaps I should listen first before deciding. Need advise for speaker upgrade Icon_rolleyes

Mathi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Need advise for speaker upgrade Empty Bose

Post by jemmi Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:48 pm

I think even good bookshelf speaker cannot produce deep bass like Infinity or JBL 12'' woofer. If you need deep bass pair the bookshelf with subwoofer like my bookshelf Sonus Faber plus Mirage subwoofer for deep impact/dynamic like blues or rock music.

My previous Bose set can produce good bass but not very good quality bass, I feel the bass like in the movie bass not really focus or accurate for music. I like my Bose for gaming but now upgrade to Creative Gigaworks S750 with 200w subwoofer (really deep bass -THX certified) but also not very focus some time boomy. Be carefull, if you audition Bose in small room/area, it can produce very good impact high & low. If the price cheap (used) you can simply sell it later or put it in bedroom or second system or with PC (with good soundcard).
jemmi
jemmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down