Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier

2 posters

Go down

SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier Empty SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier

Post by WillT Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:19 pm

the Cary Audio SLP-05 is one of the finest preamplifiers I have ever heard. And I've heard many. It's rare when a single component can impart such a profound impact on the performance of a system, but the SLP-05 took my system up a notch, maybe three.” – Jim Swantko | Home Theatre Review

" The new SLP 05 is a feather in Cary's cap, and yet another brilliant milestone in the 6SN7 tube's trip from the field telephones of the Ardennes to wherever it's going next. Godspeed. " – Art Dudley | Stereophile

Reluctantly selling my Cary preamp as I am getting too lazy to warm it up and then it requires long listening sessions so as not to waste the tubes by doing short sessions. Short listening sessions are bad for tubes, the repeated heating up and cooling down sucks life out of the tubes.

Cay Audio’s SLP-05 is the flagship preamplifier from Cary. It has been in production for a long time as this is one of the sweetest preamps in the market. The preamplifier is run on 6SN7 tubes. There are x4 for the preamp (line level only), add x2 if you want to use the balanced output and another x2 for the headphone.

It comes as a double unit with a separate power supply that is tube rectified (5AR4).

The preamplifier is in fair-good condition (not showroom condition okay). Was checked by Mr Oh about 6 months ago. Comes with its original remote control and power umbilical cord.

Am selling the preamplifier with the following tubes:

Set 1
TungSol 6SN7GTB (x4) + Electro Harmonix 6SN7EH (x4, non gold version) … medium/high usage

Set 2
Electro Harmonix 6SN6EH Gold (x6, low usage)

Set 3
NOS (1960’s) Sylvania 6SN7GT (x2, very low usage) and Sylvania VT-231 (x2, very low usage)

Rectifier tubes
- Ruby 5AR4 rectifier tube (x1, medium/high usage)
- Sovtek 5AR5 rectifier tube (x1, very low usage)

Set 2 + Sovtek 5AR4 costs about RM1,800 and Set 3 alone costs RM1,600. Set 1 … tak brape laku la, well used but still good for a year or two. Anyways, those Set 1 tubes are pretty much stock only. Nothing special.

That means you will have about x3 sets of 6SN7 and x2 sets of the 5AR4. Should last for quite a few years for sure.

Price: (SOLD) Please PM me if interested. Thank you!

Reviews:

https://hometheaterreview.com/cary-audio-slp-05-preamplifier-reviewed/
https://www.stereophile.com/tubepreamps/906cary/index.html
https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/review-cary-audio-slp-05-preamplifier-cad-120s-mkii-power-amplifier

SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier Cary110
SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier Cary210
SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier Cary310

Last edited by WillT on Sat May 23, 2020 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
WillT
WillT
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2018-11-22

Character sheet
Source(s): Lumin U1 Mini & Matrix Audio X Sabre Pro
Amplification: Silbatone JI-107
Speakers: Graham Audio LS 8/1 and Rogers LS 3/5a Classic ... REL T7x

Back to top Go down

SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier Empty Re: SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier

Post by WillT Sat May 02, 2020 4:26 pm

SOLD ... TQ!
WillT
WillT

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier Empty Re: SOLD - Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamplifier

Post by bal Sat May 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Hello WillT, could you KINDLY NOT bring up your post simply to say item sold. Just edit your title to reflect sold will be sufficient. Otherwise you are just clogging up the threads for nothing. 

Other members who might read this comment kindly also adhere to this please. 
Thank you
Bal (moderator)

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by WillT Sat May 02, 2020 5:07 pm

Got that. Will remember not to do that in the future. I saw many members doing it and there was no mention by admin so I thought it’s ok. My bad.

By the way, are the admin counting how many posts per month per members at the for sale section? Some exceed what is stated by your rules. I think it’s pretty obvious.
WillT
WillT

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down