Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Repairing of 70s receiver - Tuner section not working

3 posters

Go down

Repairing of 70s receiver - Tuner section not working Empty Repairing of 70s receiver - Tuner section not working

Post by ertorque Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:05 am

Hi guys,
Do you know know of any sifus around Ipoh or Klang Valley who are capable of diagnosing tuners problems on 70s receivers? The RCA inputs and amp is working since I am able to play CDs but radio is not working. 
Any suggestions are most appreciated!

ertorque

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-07-13

Back to top Go down

Repairing of 70s receiver - Tuner section not working Empty Re: Repairing of 70s receiver - Tuner section not working

Post by advTech Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:08 am

advTech

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2018-09-17

Back to top Go down

Repairing of 70s receiver - Tuner section not working Empty Re: Repairing of 70s receiver - Tuner section not working

Post by samazzah Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:51 am

70’s receivers have installed AM and FM receivers that are dependent on variable capacitors for AM and PLL (phase locked loop) circuits for FM. You can’t or nearly impossible to get AM stations these days and FM analog stations are a dying breed. My suggestion would be to abandon the tuning section and jump straight for a good and cheap streamer ie ifi zen streamer or smsl streamer. However unless you’re a really old guy and cannot get to grips with the internet - I’m an old guy but Ok with the internet
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Character sheet
Source(s): CA Azur 851 Streamer/Michell Gyro/OL Conqueror/ VDH Frog
Amplification: Nuprime STA-9
Speakers: B&W 706 /AVI DM 10

Back to top Go down

Post by ertorque Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:55 pm

Thanks Samazzah. I do listen to internet radio streamed  from my laptop connected to my hifi system. The receiver was actually given to me by my neighbour and it belonged to his dad who has passed away. The receiver is still in good shape except for the tuner section and I felt an urge to restore it into working condition. It seems a shame to have only a part of it working.

ertorque

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down