Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Buying loudspeakers without audition!

+19
wingman
car o scope
fizi
htkaki
adcomer
joeling
carz
ongaaron
VS126
jokiarch
Mikapoh
soonthas
zeebee
WongKN
tlkoo
WongKK
CT-Boy
adrian4454
balokboy
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Buying loudspeakers without audition! - Page 2 Empty Re: Buying loudspeakers without audition!

Post by noodle88 Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi rocketman, good things never come cheap.
If u listen to the same 2a3 amp driving a pair of Westminster u will realise the amp worth more than what he is asking for.

Just can't wait to bring back my 300B amp from him.
noodle88
noodle88
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Turntable
Amplification: Tube gear
Speakers: High sensitivity speaker

Back to top Go down

Buying loudspeakers without audition! - Page 2 Empty Re: Buying loudspeakers without audition!

Post by tlkoo Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:04 pm

balokboy wrote:Bought the Xavian already, superb sound. Thanks for all the advice. looking forward for a more suitable amp soon.

... a night in kuantan soon, care to pm me for tea/chat/audition or text me at 01eight 2166 zero66

cheers

tlkoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by adcomer Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:29 pm

tlkoo,

I will be waiting for u when u are at Kuantan. I have PM u my contact #. Please call.

A few weeks back, I managed to audition a few amps at Klang Valley area. After careful consideration I finally bought a used NAD 214 power amp and Alchemist Nemesis integrated. Even though I had also tried Bryston 8B THX and they were the perfect match for the Xavian, due to the price tag of > than RM4k, I just don't have a choice due to financial restrain.

At the KLAV show, there is a room exhibiting Xavian and they use Atoll integrated to drive it. the sound is nice but as I don't have the chance to test it with my own CD, so I did not buy it. They also recommended the Atoll power amps at a good price. But its way beyond my budget. maybe next time when time and money permits.

However after hooking the NAD to my NAD pre amp 1020 at home, the sound is good but a bit on the bright side. Luckily I managed to overcome this problem by playing around with interconnect, speaker cable, jumper and speaker placements. Wow, what a difference it make. The bass is taut, vocal becomes clear, trebel is crisp. I simply can hear more details, soundstage also improves a lot better than using Adcom. Now I can listen to my old CD a lot longer without feeling drain or stressed. however if the quality of the recording is bad, it will not improve the sound. it just give the honest sound of the original recording only. the sound is not overly warm but balance overall.

Finally I got the sound that I want. Lesson learn is that "If possible always test anything u want to buy by listening it yourself using your own equipment, own CD's and judge it by your god gifted pair or ears"
So u won't be buying wrong equipments that will be regretted later. Even though I gamble myself buying the Xavian without audition first, luckily it is the worthy buy and no regret at all. But i will not repeat it again.

So, many thanks to all of u who had given advise and recomendations so far. Although I end up buying different brand or equipments, I always consider what all of u are saying. thanks again.

adcomer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Buying loudspeakers without audition! - Page 2 Empty Buying loudspeakers without audition!

Post by pokcek Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:07 am

Hai Balok,

I live in Dungun far more worst than you.I bought 2 speakers without audition too!Just base from reviews in web & try to match with amp also bought without audition..So far my system just fine so no problems just search on web frequently to ensure you can find good match with your system.

Happy listening..

pokcek
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:22 pm

It's still better to listen for yourself, and secondly the room u intend to house the hifi stuff may wreck havoc to the sound reproduction, irrespective if the equipments are matching or not! Unless u dun really trust your own hearing! Sad

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2