Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

+37
naza7174
Andy
elhefe
flyfly
green_ugly
Jareekoo
Apole
alfred
JediSavant
T.S.Yong
fizi
tycham
knight
carz
chenht
mpyw
adrian4454
sss333
cmboy
mugenfoo
jat
jchong
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
mohfudz
WongKN
cyh
rsbn589
shslpg
Mikapoh
zeebee
chamts1
jokiarch
car o scope
tlkoo
htkaki
41 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Empty Re: Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

Post by cyh Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:48 am

Dear Jo,
Last night's session was playing around with htkaki's famous subs. Not with movies but with music, especially with this one,
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Blu_sp10
One of our members was there to check out the Chinese scene. In 2 words he described it- very healthy! Packed to the brim...btw, the cd above was an exit gift for all visitors! The entry fee was a paltry sum of 10 RMB, ha! Wonder if we ever get to be this lucky over here!
Back to wembley......as expected, with the 12" sub, music sounded fuller, presented us with a bigger sound stage.
But the night was spend talking about the LS 3/5a 65th aniversary and rsbn house renovations!
Was thinking of doing a grand shoot out with the venerable 3/5a 65th ani. and the P3 ESR. But we have one major problem- we don't have both speakers!!!! Razz Soooo...maybe we leave this to the kind people at the 3/5a camp to do this demo.
Wah! We talk too much...finish too late Evil or Very Mad
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Empty Re: Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

Post by jokiarch Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:13 am

Hi CYH,

Thank you for your detail report, appreciate it.

Regarding LS3/5A 65th shoot-out with 60th and KEF-drivers version (original 11ohm bi-wired), HLP-3ESR and others. It was incepted in LS3/5A club about 2 months ago. I will stage this in a independent venue in KL and ear marked AV Designs in Rohas Perkasa using independent electronics kindly provided for the purpose. I have similar problem in getting Harbeth P-3ESR to the ring. Perhaps the Harbeth group in HF4S would like to help out? And you are welcome to attend the event.

A good subwoofer can only perform as good as its positioning in the room with the main speakers, while leaving crossovers point and the linear response of the sub aside, it is never easy to integrate sub into main speakers. However, it is not impossible!

Your group have tried so many audio equipment and speakers, I am sure you realised that there is no such thing called perfect equipment, neither there is a perfect speakers. In my humble opinion, perfect system only comes from perfecting ourselves in audio. In trying not to be religious, I would say that all man made things can never be perfect, they are mere reflection of our moment in time, a technology progression that is continuous.

So HiFi is appreciation of our creation that can never be static. Its an imperfect creation that, we, which is equally as imperfect as we are, all but part of a continuous journey of growth. Growth is the sole purpose of Life in striving to be perfect.

Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Empty To find out more different between HT n Hifi

Post by T.S.Yong Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:56 am

Hi,all hifisifus, I am a retired man and love movies very much, usually watch 10 to12 movies per week. I have set up a small HT room ( 11 ft X 17 ft), av amp is pioneer vsx 1018 and 2 power amps are nad 370 and kenwood kmx1000 to power center and mains, cd player is matranze 63se. speakers are polkaudio rtia7 main , wharfedale diamond centre and 4 surrounds. Now I would like to get more knowledge about hifi from hifisifus, to find the different between HT and HiFi and also need suggestions to upgrading my HT system may be to 3D and 11.2 hopefully in future. I am very interesting to join your meetings in future, I don`t know I am qualify or not, if invited is very much appreciated. PS.bluray player is panasonic and dvd player is toshiba.

are

T.S.Yong

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi Jo,
Hope the event your talking about materialize, I for one, have 'registered' myself along with rsbn for a place.
As for the subwoofer thingy, I think we really have a 'sub sifu' in htkaki Very Happy
We were in good hands that night.
I total agree with your statement that 'there is no perfect equipment/speakers etc'.
However, I feel (IMHO only, not NSAG), there can be a 'close' to prefect system for such and such musical preference or should I say ones taste of ones system presentation (oh dear...shit pot stirring here cyclops ?)
For example, me, myself, I believe, that the combi of cd 17, pilot pre/Leak 12.1 & Esl 57 give the most tonally, emotionally satisfying, 'perfect' vocal presentation ever to me. myself , I. On it's own. each individual equipment can be lousy or may not be one's preferred/partner/perfect choice. I've heard it, it's perfect......to me, maybe not to you, you, you or you....
But as you said, striving for perfection is an on going process, in life, hifi, music appreciation etc
Again, if I may say, MY 'perfect' setup is the system mentioned above with a TT and complete recordings of all my favorite singers! More music...perfect!!!! cheers
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi Yong,
Welcome to NSAG!! sunny
So you into AV...you've come to the right place, htkaki is the person to see!! Going into 11.2????? Maybe we all should call you sifu then! Very Happy
Qualification to join the NSAG requires an open mind, enthusiasm and ability to share ideas, opinion etc. Also ability to TC, if you know what I mean pirat Just continue to read post here and you'll have an idea what we're up to.
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:05 pm

jokiarch wrote:Hi CYH,

Thank you for your detail report, appreciate it.

Regarding LS3/5A 65th shoot-out with 60th and KEF-drivers version (original 11ohm bi-wired), HLP-3ESR and others. It was incepted in LS3/5A club about 2 months ago. I will stage this in a independent venue in KL and ear marked AV Designs in Rohas Perkasa using independent electronics kindly provided for the purpose. I have similar problem in getting Harbeth P-3ESR to the ring. Perhaps the Harbeth group in HF4S would like to help out? And you are welcome to attend the event.

A good subwoofer can only perform as good as its positioning in the room with the main speakers, while leaving crossovers point and the linear response of the sub aside, it is never easy to integrate sub into main speakers. However, it is not impossible!

Your group have tried so many audio equipment and speakers, I am sure you realised that there is no such thing called perfect equipment, neither there is a perfect speakers. In my humble opinion, perfect system only comes from perfecting ourselves in audio. In trying not to be religious, I would say that all man made things can never be perfect, they are mere reflection of our moment in time, a technology progression that is continuous.

So HiFi is appreciation of our creation that can never be static. Its an imperfect creation that, we, which is equally as imperfect as we are, all but part of a continuous journey of growth. Growth is the sole purpose of Life in striving to be perfect.

Jo Ki
We tested out the Rythmik F12 sub. However, I left early due to flu. Not good to spread virus instead of poison.

This sub did a pretty good job for music. The review by Hi-Fi Unlimited blogspot

Yeah, was hoping some kind souls to lug thiers Harbeth to our 'Wembley'.

Agree with you on the non-existence of a perfect products. Differentiation and choices are meant to cater for different groups. That brings us back to this famed idiom; 'One man's meat is another man's poison'. Smile

T.S.Yong wrote:Hi,all hifisifus, I am a retired man and love movies very much, usually
watch 10 to12 movies per week. I have set up a small HT room ( 11 ft X
17 ft), av amp is pioneer vsx 1018 and 2 power amps are nad 370 and
kenwood kmx1000 to power center and mains, cd player is matranze 63se.
speakers are polkaudio rtia7 main , wharfedale diamond centre and 4
surrounds. Now I would like to get more knowledge about hifi from
hifisifus, to find the different between HT and HiFi and also need
suggestions to upgrading my HT system may be to 3D and 11.2 hopefully in
future. I am very interesting to join your meetings in future, I don`t
know I am qualify or not, if invited is very much appreciated.
PS.bluray player is panasonic and dvd player is toshiba.

There are no sifus in NSAG. Only a group of people who same common interest in audio Cool

You are welcome to join our group. You can always drop by our 'Wembley' for chit chat. Weekend and Sunday is fine too. As for the gathering, it is normally on Fri night.

Eerrrr.... only thing that you need to be careful here is none of than P.O.I.S.O.N.

Apa lagi. lol!
htkaki
htkaki
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 674

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:20 pm

cyh,

Your post at 1:38 pm is as emotional as Mary-Chapin Carpenter from the humble ESL57+Pilot SA232+Fisher 400CX+Marantz CD17 MKIII set up:D .

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi cyh,

You are right, there is a sub sifu in NSAG I was told. I am glad I know him too. And he bought me fish porridge!!How privileged I am.

ESL-57 is one special speakers that I could not walk way from the day I heard it. I was bitten then, only once, and forever in captivity. It explained why I have 2 pairs of it, preparing it to be my toy for my retirement. Back to your statement, you are lucky to have found a perfect system for you. Not many is as lucky as you are.

Those equipment quoted by you are classics vintage category, by themselves, they are hard to beat. With rsbn in proximity, you have a good resource.

I hope I have the chance to come by and enjoy your perfect system.
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Was at Mr JBL's house tonight for a private session on SACDs only Very Happy
Some of the disc played were-
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Photo026
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Photo027
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Photo028
There are others like JLo, Kiki Dee's Naked, Police Synchronicity, Carpenters Singles, Coltrane Blue Train, Rebecca Pidgeon (various albums on sacd), Ella & Louis etc.....this guy have almost anything! Some disc like the Little Richard & the Police disc are kinda hard to find, anyways have not listened to some of the recordings for sometime and this session brought back some fond memoirs! The NSAG guys who have been here will know what I mean! I mention that this week has been really quite due to kids having exams and can't really listen to music and he suggested I try these!
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Denon_10
Heyyyy! More toys! drunken
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Exams ? I thought exam season is over already ?
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Dear Jo,

Back to your statement, you are lucky to have found a perfect system for you. Not many is as lucky as you are.

To clarify- I have yet to find or get my 'perfect setup. The system I mentioned above belongs to someone else and I heard it and wish to have such components in my possession Twisted Evil But on the other hand, if you like to listen to this system, I am sure and the particular member, I believe, is more than willing to accommodate you! Very Happy
BTW, I did not know that you have 2 pairs of esl 57!!!! Shocked Wanna sell a pair????hehehe
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Exams ? I thought exam season is over already ?
They still have school exams Twisted Evil which I understand, ends this week cheers
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:19 am

cyh,

Are you open this Friday night? Proceed CDP+Cat Eye/Fisher 400CX+BBC Leak TL12.1+Rogers 15ohm as back up menu if no menu. Or Cat Eye visits Old Trafford for Line Stage...

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:56 am

Are you open this Friday night? Proceed CDP+Cat Eye/Fisher 400CX+BBC Leak TL12.1+Rogers 15ohm as back up menu if no menu. Or Cat Eye visits Old Trafford for Line Stage...
Cat eye and fisher sounds more interesting. I bring another toy if COS and kuala sawah can bring their dacs?
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:47 pm

jokiarch wrote:Hi cyh,

You are right, there is a sub sifu in NSAG I was told. I am glad I know him too. And he bought me fish porridge!!How privileged I am.

Embarassed Ain't sub sifu, Uncle Jo. Just a normal chap who likes to play around with subs.

Cat eye and fisher sounds more interesting. I bring another toy if COS and kuala sawah can bring their dacs?
cyh, best to refer Kuala Sawah as Tubey Wong lah.

Talking about DAC, we might have a new DAC in a month or two. Hold your horses, it ain't going to be this :

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Debussy_dac_b

Perhaps one day, we all should watch a concert at Wembley since it is concert mania in Malaysia now. David Foster, Jacky Cheung, Faye Wong, Elton John, Alan Tam, and many more flocking to Malaysia. Please do not ask for the neon fluorescent party glow sticks Razz
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:51 pm

cyh wrote:

Perhaps too much of food to digest. May I counter propose to have a light dine, feauturing your frontend vs. my CDP at your place? This would take up 2 hours++

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Just saw this advertisement for Quad ESL 57 Speaker

http://www.mudah.my/World+1st+quad+esl57+electrostatic+speakers-11997914.htm

Rm 19800 or Rm1980 Shocked

P/S - Shit!!! if the price Rm1980 !!!!! I just sold my Quad 2 last month Sad
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Just call the seller....u know what..the seller dont make a mistake its Rm 19.8k Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 pm

fizi wrote:Just call the seller....u know what..the seller dont make a mistake its Rm 19.8k Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hah?? Shocked
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 pm

no joke bro...due to current electrostatic price Very Happy what he said...anyway his price for his gems...no comment on that cheers

Joki - 2 pairs = nearly 40k loool lol!
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:56 pm

Why you never buy when it was listed at RM1980 ? But I think mudah.com is not like eBay where they force the seller to honour their listings.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:01 pm

WongKN wrote:Why you never buy when it was listed at RM1980 ? But I think mudah.com is not like eBay where they force the seller to honour their listings.

i thought the seller mistaken to type extra 0 Very Happy
if 1.9k sure i bought it fast Cool
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Ah so ne. So the original listing WAS for 19800. Well, as they say, its willing seller willing buyer. There IS a huge following of the Quad ESLs.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Looks like there are some items in the "menu" for this Friday already. Oh.. I thought today is Thursday. Hmm.. Let's play some music. Nice weather out there.

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Red-ho10
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Old Trafford out of commission on Fri, including my toy. Have to do other things and find new venue.
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Guess Anfield is OK with this Friday. And we can give some good inputs for his TV relocation plan. Very Happy That will bring the match to extra time. Razz
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:51 pm

TV ? You guys are supposed to enjoy the music. The music and nothing else is important except the music ! Laughing
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:55 pm

WongKN wrote:TV ? You guys are supposed to enjoy the music. The music and nothing else is important except the music ! Laughing

Err.. The TV in the hi-fi area will affect the sound one, you know? Wahahahahaha...
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:08 pm

WongKN wrote:TV ? You guys are supposed to enjoy the music. The music and nothing else is important except the music ! Laughing
Since it is going to be at least 50", we need to take into consideration of the acoustical impact that it might possibly brings to the music listening enjoyment. That's will need a lengthy discussion lah.

On a serious note, I am thinking of going the NAS path as well as fiddling with CAS to gain more experience on it.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:04 pm

car o scope wrote:Guess Anfield is OK with this Friday. And we can give some good inputs for his TV relocation plan. Very Happy That will bring the match to extra time. Razz

Recipe was cancelled for the back up menu as thought that venue at Old Trafford was fixed. Can still order but am now thinking of vinyl spinning at Temiang Corner.

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Julie10

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Yes Max, you and COS should venture into the CAS arena. It is probably unavoidable as the majority of people going into digital in the near future will be exposed to CAS and you will have to be 'in the game' if you want to play it.

On an unrelated note, this reminds me that there is a PM I need to respond to...
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:21 pm

When do you want your Boyzone?
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 pm

ASAP please !!!

Also I understand Transformers-3 is now available. Please let me know what are the latest available and if possible I would like to get them before your 'next wondering'. I have not watched T3, Green Lantern, X-Man, and most of the recent blockbusters yet.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:47 pm

cyh wrote:Dear Jo,

Back to your statement, you are lucky to have found a perfect system for you. Not many is as lucky as you are.

To clarify- I have yet to find or get my 'perfect setup. The system I mentioned above belongs to someone else and I heard it and wish to have such components in my possession Twisted Evil But on the other hand, if you like to listen to this system, I am sure and the particular member, I believe, is more than willing to accommodate you! Very Happy
BTW, I did not know that you have 2 pairs of esl 57!!!! Shocked Wanna sell a pair????hehehe
Hi CYH,

I was not wrong in my last statement that you "have found" your perfect system. I did not say you 'own' it (yet).

Do you know that there are only a very very small percentage of audiophile ever found their 'perfect system' on the day they catch their last breathe? This apply to those who had spent millions on their systems. So you are very lucky person.

Even if you do not own the system, but you know what would be THE ONE is blessed! Yes, I know who owns it. He is my buddy.

Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:57 pm

fizi wrote:no joke bro...due to current electrostatic price Very Happy what he said...anyway his price for his gems...no comment on that cheers

Joki - 2 pairs = nearly 40k loool lol!
Hi fizi,

The one advertised in MUDAH must be not in Malaysia; I suspect he is from Classic Audio in Leicester. Did you ask the seller? To completely refurbish a pair of ESL-57 with reworked HT including a protective gadget to prevent over drive the panels, inclusive of new treble panel and a pair of bass panels cost you almost RM10K for one piece. So for a pair, the guy quoted correctly.

Mine are bought locally not restored, therefore they are much cheaper. However, I am not selling them. I kept my Quad IIs are meant for them. I have plan for my ESL 57 which I think it is a worthwhile exercise...

Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:09 am

Hi Jo..never check bout location...just call the no given from the HP No look like his in Klang Valley area...

ESL 57 really can sing with quad but for 19k is really to much for that vintage Very Happy ... never though that speaker can really go sky hi...i remember the price for 57 and 63 can get it below 5k...people owning this gems sure smile reading this Cool
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:18 am

Actually the guy needs to be able to actually sell the speakers before we can say 20k is the market value for the Quad. Again it is a buyer-seller scenario. One can put a sky high price on any item but the important thing is whether someone will actually buy it. Of course if someone bites this time, the next Quad that goes for sale will likely be more than 20k.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:01 pm

WongKN wrote:Actually the guy needs to be able to actually sell the speakers before we can say 20k is the market value for the Quad. Again it is a buyer-seller scenario. One can put a sky high price on any item but the important thing is whether someone will actually buy it. Of course if someone bites this time, the next Quad that goes for sale will likely be more than 20k.

There is a pair on eBay right now.

Probably cost less tham RM7K landed which is more down to earth.

If I remembered correctly, my brother only spent a few hundred ringgits refurbishing a pair.

tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:08 pm

rsbn589 wrote:
Recipe was cancelled for the back up menu as thought that venue at Old Trafford was fixed. Can still order but am now thinking of vinyl spinning at Temiang Corner.

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Julie10

No problem. Can be the DJ of the nite. You may bring your Lite & Easy stuffs.

cyh,

I want to rock Achtung Baby CD too. Twisted Evil
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:36 pm

A colleague used to have one and we used to compare them against my then Apogee Centaur Minors some years ago. He sold them off when he upgraded (to Thiel CS7). Never found out how much he got for it though but I am pretty sure less than 10k. Lost touch with him once he left the company.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:18 pm

WongKN wrote:A colleague used to have one and we used to compare them against my then Apogee Centaur Minors some years ago. He sold them off when he upgraded (to Thiel CS7). Never found out how much he got for it though but I am pretty sure less than 10k. Lost touch with him once he left the company.
How was it compares to the 'diffuser' Apogee CM lol! ?
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Like the Apogee, the Quad sounded extremely open. In a way it was purer than the Apogee because the Centaur Minor is a hybrid and it still works with a woofer in a box for the low midrange downwards. Howevcer one issue with the Quad is that it cannot play loud. Or rather, we (neither my colleague nor I) did not dared to play it loud. We couldn't enjoy Dire Straits, Pink Floyd and the likes. I am not sure if this was what made him change the speakers.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:12 pm

It's no surprise that these old collectibles might require repairs or refurbishments after so many years of service.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:00 pm

I remember my colleague would regular tell me he 'bottomed' his Quads when we meet in the morning for work. Problem is that he's a rock fan. To hear those electrostatic panels hitting the grill must have been quite horrifying I think.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:33 pm

WongKN wrote:I remember my colleague would regular tell me he 'bottomed' his Quads when we meet in the morning for work. Problem is that he's a rock fan. To hear those electrostatic panels hitting the grill must have been quite horrifying I think.
Shocked Bottomed the Quad. Walau eh. That must be 'balls shrinking' experience. He must be hitting it real hard.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:20 am

We can in fact arrange party for the Panels at Wembly. We already have the gears. But soft warning. I do not want anyone being hurt by Quad ESL. I mean when carrying them:D .

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:03 am

I thought the ESL57s are light and easy? Very Happy
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:30 am

rsbn589 wrote:We can in fact arrange party for the Panels at Wembly. We already have the gears. But soft warning. I do not want anyone being hurt by Quad ESL. I mean when carrying them:D .
jocolor Partttyyyyy time...!

Btw, I thought it is abt 18kg or so right for the ESL 57? I have a strong feeling that Cham might want to do a detour again if we confirmed the menu and date.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:27 am

Last night was at 'Apoh's' house Very Happy
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Photo030
and it was a dark and stormy night.....

Mr 57 brought alot of 12 & 7 in 45's singles to venue-
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Photo031
And as you can see above, the night was spend listening to the good old 80's. And was using 'a bird no.2' to make things sing-
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 10 Pipit210
Had a really good time. During extra time was discussing about doing a "E.A.Sy" night for folks who are keen on vintage stuff. Very Happy Will keep you posted.
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chamts1 Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:53 am

Hi Max,

I had been quite busy at work & hardly log in here...Ya will be interesting if there is "gathering of panels"... but these stuff are quite clumsy to drag around.. especially the 57 with slender long legs..they are fragile.. (literally) .. :-)

A detour will be in order..or have i missed it ??

Ya it was stormy last 2 nights ... and *%#% the traffic...

chamts1
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next