Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

PMC speakers - discussion thread

+10
bal
j22
alfred
keyboon
ongaaron
drife
joydivision
sph
elhefe
Zaku51
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PMC speakers - discussion thread Empty PMC speakers - discussion thread

Post by Zaku51 Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:02 am

Hey everyone, can anyone advise me regarding PMC loudspeakers? I have never heard one but I words has it that it's great. Your contribution is very much obliged.

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Note, Ear-Yoshino, Naim, Audio Research, Apple TV, Apple MacAir
Amplification: Naim, Plinius, Conrad Johnson, EAR-Yoshino, Audio Research
Speakers: Eggleston Works, Focus Audio, Dynaudio

Back to top Go down

PMC speakers - discussion thread Empty Re: PMC speakers - discussion thread

Post by elhefe Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi Zaku51,

When I was in a market for new speakers a couple of years back, PMC was one of the candidates that I demoed. It gels well with Bryston amplification, provided a good tonal balance between low and highs. I didnt have the chance to demo the PMC speakers with my Musical Fidelity set up, hence was not able to purchase them as I was not sure whether it will blend well with my set up and home. Nevertheless, the transmission line technology they have is well worth listening too.

If you are ever in KL, do go for a demo.

What is your set up consist of?

PMC speakers - discussion thread Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi elhefe,

Thanks for providing some insights on the brand itself.

I m trying to buy an extra pair of speakers for my secondary system which consist of a Naim Nait 5i and a Naim CD5i i think both with the italic i and a pairs of Focus Audio FS68se, i was thinking of getting a pair of PMC TB2i Signatures as AV Designs is offering at a very very attractive price.

However, i have never the PMC's before and am really interested to know whether are they a very neutral and dry speakers or slightly rich and creamy like the FS68se i owned currently.

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Note, Ear-Yoshino, Naim, Audio Research, Apple TV, Apple MacAir

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:42 pm

The only way to answer all your questions is to go to the dealer (AV Designs) and ask for a demo.
That way you will experience first hand and judge for yourself the speakers' performance and then make the decision.
All other opinions then will not matter.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 pm

The same advice I would give all the time is to go for a demo. But given that you are in Kuching, it may not be practical if you seldom fly to KL just for a demo. I was living in Miri at one point and I will not do that. If you can fly to KL, for a demo that would be the best solution.

But whether it PMC matches Naim or not, thats another story. I do believe it would. With sensivitivity of 90, it can easily be driven by Naim.

On the sound signature, using your teminalogy, I would say PMC is rich and creamy.

If my recollection on the given discount is correct, its definitely a worthwhile purchase.

P/S: Feel like going down to the Mezanine floor and demo the speakers Smile

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi Elhefe, since SLB occupy most of the floors in Rohas, I assume you must be working with them. Which BU if I may ask? Smile
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Hahaha joydivision...kantoi already.

I am on the same side of AV Designs...13th floor.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Is that Completion/ Well Testing? Very Happy
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:23 pm

You know this building too well hehehe. I am in Well Services lah.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Cool, what do you specialize in well services?
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Aiya...have to change the topic to Oil and Gas Glossary...

mainly CT, stim, SC, frac and cementing...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by drife Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:49 pm

elhefe wrote:On the sound signature, using your teminalogy, I would say PMC is rich and creamy.

If my recollection on the given discount is correct, its definitely a worthwhile purchase.

You should bro. I've only heard good things about PMC. Plus, I believe the oily wallet can easily slip a pair of those bad boys home. Just slide them in Very Happy

the PMCs would definitely make you richer, sonically. Creamy? I'm not so sure. Cause that just down right sounds kinky to me Laughing

drife
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Character sheet
Source(s): USJ
Amplification: Subang Jaya
Speakers: Selangor

http://drifeaudio.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:20 pm

drife wrote:
elhefe wrote:On the sound signature, using your teminalogy, I would say PMC is rich and creamy.

You should bro. I've only heard good things about PMC. Plus, I believe the oily wallet can easily slip a pair of those bad boys home. Just slide them in Very Happy

the PMCs would definitely make you richer, sonically. Creamy? I'm not so sure. Cause that just down right sounds kinky to me Laughing

Wallet content blew on Bryston headphone amp already.....and already eyeing for Stax headphones and MF new DAC next month. Smile

Actually yes it sounds a bit kinky...thats how Zaku dsecribes the sound...hence I used that terminalogy Smile

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by drife Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:50 pm

elhefe wrote:Wallet content blew on Bryston headphone amp already.....and already eyeing for Stax headphones and MF new DAC next month. Smile

Actually yes it sounds a bit kinky...thats how Zaku dsecribes the sound...hence I used that terminalogy Smile

Wah. Wallet blew this month but recover by next month? I smell a backup-hi-fi-reserve-fund hidden in the deepest of all territories of the oily wellet. I'm certainly not capable of pulling this off. You, Sir, are The Hifi Stuntman! Very Happy

Am eagerly waiting for a Stax review, if you're free to write us one. Have always wanted a Stax. I'll probably let it sit on my desk all day long and stare at it before hooking it up. sexyyyy!!!

ooops better get back on track with PMC, didn't mean to hijack

drife

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Character sheet
Source(s): USJ
Amplification: Subang Jaya
Speakers: Selangor

http://drifeaudio.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 pm

elhefe wrote:The same advice I would give all the time is to go for a demo. But given that you are in Kuching, it may not be practical if you seldom fly to KL just for a demo. I was living in Miri at one point and I will not do that. If you can fly to KL, for a demo that would be the best solution.

But whether it PMC matches Naim or not, thats another story. I do believe it would. With sensivitivity of 90, it can easily be driven by Naim.

On the sound signature, using your teminalogy, I would say PMC is rich and creamy.

Thanks elhefe,

Btw I just got the TB2i signatures without an audition, haha, I believe it's a gamble. Hopefully when the speakers arrived on Thursday it won't disappoint.

Btw admire that your office is so near to AV designs.

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 am

I am confident it is going to be a worthwhile gamble. They don't miss a beat and follow the music accurately. If you are a detail freak like me, you would love them. Negative side, don't play poor recordings. Your Naims should go well with them as a lot of music lovers in the UK are partnering them with. Just be patient, as the need as least 500 hrs of breaking in. Initially, I thought I made the wrong choice after purchasing blind, but boy!, after that period, they begin to show their class. If you want more bass, place less than less than 1 foot from back wall. Me, well, it is about 3 feet away and the transparency is awesome in a musical way. Cables, I personally like the braided type to hard wires. They can play loud without stress and equally good at low volume. Congratulations on your fine purchase and enjoy your music.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:10 pm

ongaaron wrote:I am confident it is going to be a worthwhile gamble. They don't miss a beat and follow the music accurately. If you are a detail freak like me, you would love them. Negative side, don't play poor recordings. Your Naims should go well with them as a lot of music lovers in the UK are partnering them with. Just be patient, as the need as least 500 hrs of breaking in. Initially, I thought I made the wrong choice after purchasing blind, but boy!, after that period, they begin to show their class. If you want more bass, place less than less than 1 foot from back wall. Me, well, it is about 3 feet away and the transparency is awesome in a musical way. Cables, I personally like the braided type to hard wires. They can play loud without stress and equally good at low volume. Congratulations on your fine purchase and enjoy your music.

thanks Ongaaron on your reassurance of my purchase, i've just called the dealer and they are awaiting for the forwarder to pick u the speakers, can't wait for them to arrive.

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:19 pm

At the moment spinning Armik casa de amor. Magic.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 pm

envy...

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:15 pm

drife wrote:
elhefe wrote:Wallet content blew on Bryston headphone amp already.....and already eyeing for Stax headphones and MF new DAC next month. Smile

Wah. Wallet blew this month but recover by next month? I smell a backup-hi-fi-reserve-fund hidden in the deepest of all territories of the oily wellet. I'm certainly not capable of pulling this off. You, Sir, are The Hifi Stuntman! Very Happy

Am eagerly waiting for a Stax review, if you're free to write us one. Have always wanted a Stax. I'll probably let it sit on my desk all day long and stare at it before hooking it up. sexyyyy!!!

ooops better get back on track with PMC, didn't mean to hijack

You need to be good friends with John Visa and Michael Mastercard so that you can reserve fund hahahah. I am curious to hear how electrostatic ear speakers Stax and balanced connection sound on my Bryston headphone amp. If not to my liking, I will stick to my Alessandro Grado.

Yaaaa...we are drifting way off now.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Zaku51 wrote:
elhefe wrote:The same advice I would give all the time is to go for a demo. But given that you are in Kuching, it may not be practical if you seldom fly to KL just for a demo. I was living in Miri at one point and I will not do that. If you can fly to KL, for a demo that would be the best solution.

Thanks elhefe,

Btw I just got the TB2i signatures without an audition, haha, I believe it's a gamble. Hopefully when the speakers arrived on Thursday it won't disappoint.

Btw admire that your office is so near to AV designs.

You're welcome. I believe this is a risk calculated gamble as you ask around as well before you purchase. I certainly can feel the high anticipation for the speakers to arrive Smile

Believe it or not, I only go to AV Designs once or twive a year max... Its a good outlet with nice people there...but my wallet cannot all the time be there hehehehe.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Hahahaha, Hifi sure is an expensive hobby, but a good one too...

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by keyboon Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 pm

expensive cost= Excellence sound. I own 1 x TB2 (without i), 1 x TB2 Centre speaker as my Home AV, and 1 x Fact8 for my study room.

Overall sound quality : Transparent with fine clarity.

Bass sound: Natural and clear bass(I really love the bass produced).
keyboon
keyboon

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification: Quad 606 MK2 Power Amp, Chord Company Anthem2 Interconnect
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Gotten my PMC's, the packaging is wonderful, speaker built and quality is great, veneer is attractive and had left it to be burn in throughout the night, however today when I started to have my first listen to the speakers, I find the highs alittle harsh/dry, i suspect probably it's due to it being still new, but what was sad is that, one of the woofer is defective, at certain track at low volume level seem to have distortion. Sigh.... So much anticipation... Yet the woofer is defective....

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:13 am

You didnt notice this when you first set it up for an overnight burn in?

Better contact AV Design fast to get a replacement set.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:21 am

So sorry to hear. The good thing about buying new is the magic word, warranty. Pse don't be dejected. I'm sure the responsible people at av designs will solve your problems.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:21 am

I have contacted the dealer and he has promised to sent me a replacement woofer first thing on Monday morning. Hope all is well and am able to fix the defective woofer... Still felt sad as the anticipation is so high.

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:29 am

I wonder can they change the speakers as a whole... Don't even think I can take the woofer out of its enclosures..

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:49 am

I would not accept woofer replacement. They should replace with new speakers. Or if it was a used unit, a full refund is in order. The only challenge is that the speakers were not set up by them hence there might be a question on how you set it up in the first place ie wrong terminals.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:08 pm

That's the disadvantage of getting it from Kuching...

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:13 pm

But if I set up wrongly. I.e. wrong terminal wont it blow both the woofer and tweeter of both sides? But in my experience I plug the cables in according to the colour scheme....

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by alfred Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 am

hi zaku51, don't worry about wrong terminal it will only give u a wrong phase sound n it will not drive the driver out of aliment.
alfred
alfred
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Character sheet
Source(s): pioneer pd s901 as transport \ denon dcd s10 d/a
Amplification: krell pre / threshold
Speakers: LS 5/12A, Spendor 2/3

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:19 am

Zaku,

I am just saying...there might be a debate that the speakers were sent to you in working condition. By all means, discuss with AV Designs for the best solution.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:05 am

AV Designs have called, they say they can either send me a replacement woofer or a new pair of speakers, i opted for the second option, but i was told that i would have to bear for the freight charged for me to return the faulty speakers back to them... The "Special" Deal has become... 'Unspecial'....

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Are you sure it is woofer damage only?

Could the crossover be faulty?

Getting a replacement woofer may not resolve the problem. It may not be a woofer problem at all.

To determine if it is the woofer or any of the components inside is faulty, you will have to open up and swap components with the good speaker. But doing that will not get the blessings of AV Designs. You may cause further damage.
By the same reasoning, AV Design's suggestion to send a replacement woofer isn't right. Are they confident you will replace the woofer correctly and without damage to the speaker?

Elhefe is right. Ask for a new speaker.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by j22 Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Better take the new speaker option even if it costs more in freight. Replacing the driver is no sure solution.

j22
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 pm

I have opted for a brand new speakers.... hopefully all is well.....

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:48 pm

hey guys, how do u guys think about Vienna Acoustics speakers as compare to the PMCs?

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi Zaku,

i have a pair of Vienna Acoustics Hydyn, small stand mounted. They actually sound pretty fantastic for the price. And i have heard that some of the big models are jaw droppingly good. I head one pair of the Beethovens or Mozarts (cannot remember, too long ago) driven by cary audio monoblocks, ....sweet, sweet sound. Can sit and melt infront of the set up. Bass can be bloated if not careful with system matching and set up.

Bal:D

bal

Number of posts : 1275

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:24 pm

bal wrote:Hi Zaku,

i have a pair of Vienna Acoustics Hydyn, small stand mounted. They actually sound pretty fantastic for the price. And i have heard that some of the big models are jaw droppingly good. I head one pair of the Beethovens or Mozarts (cannot remember, too long ago) driven by cary audio monoblocks, ....sweet, sweet sound. Can sit and melt infront of the set up. Bass can be bloated if not careful with system matching and set up.

Bal:D

Thanks Bal for the feedback, i was actually told of the VA speakers and wanted to get those, but again saw the PMCs on special, very happy at the beginning because of a "fool proof" price given by the dealer, but when the speakers arrived, the defective woofer actually kills off all the anticipation i had installed for them. Now what kills the mood more is the fact that, with the dealer offering me a new pair of speakers, but now i have to pay for the freight charges to return the speakers to them, that means my "budget" for this pair of speakers is actually blown away... I dun wana argue to much with them and to avoid bad feelings, but the mere fact that i am to incur more cost on the freight charges to return the faulty speakers really kills off all the mood, i think the pair will eventually end up in this forum as second hand speakers.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I understand the feeling. Looking forward to a new toy with great anticipation but getting disappointed instead. To make it worse, you have to pay extra (freight) for the disappointment. That's a double blow!

I think it will be a nice gesture from AV Designs to bear the cost of all freight charges. That will allay all fears from prospective customers of their commitment to customers satisfaction and service.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by j22 Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Don't worry, the PMC's are fantastic speakers.

The VA's are great speakers for the money too. Among the best I auditioned last year in their price range. A very smooth, pleasing sound and easy with ancillaries. I do agree with the comment about the bass though, they need a LOT of breathing space otherwise can overload a room. I ended up picking Audio Physics for their slightly more detailed/precise sound, and controlled bass.

In comparison to VA's, your PMCs will be more lively/dynamic sounding and should be easier to place with the transmission line design.

j22
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 am

j22 wrote:Don't worry, the PMC's are fantastic speakers.

The VA's are great speakers for the money too. Among the best I auditioned last year in their price range. A very smooth, pleasing sound and easy with ancillaries. I do agree with the comment about the bass though, they need a LOT of breathing space otherwise can overload a room. I ended up picking Audio Physics for their slightly more detailed/precise sound, and controlled bass.

In comparison to VA's, your PMCs will be more lively/dynamic sounding and should be easier to place with the transmission line design.

Thanks for the Feedback,

I have heard among some of my friends commenting that the PMC's is bright, and ear piercing highs, is that true, where as they compared to the VA's, its more silky and sweet... any comments?

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 am

Sorry to hear about the faulty speakers Zaku. Hopefully you will get it sorted out soon. Slightly off-topic but I would like to share my experience. I would be wary about a good deal that sounds like an extremely good bargain, especially if the gear or speakers are brand new(or even ex-demo). I've dealt with AV Designs several years ago when I bought my PMCs from them at a special discounted price. No issues with the speaker as they worked perfectly but after a while I noticed that there is a small defect in the front logo on one of the speaker. It appears that it is loose and slightly slanted, and the glue that sticks onto the veneer is slipping off. Perhaps the logo has come off before and it was re-glued onto the veneer. A slightly cosmetic thing that I didn't bother to follow-up.

In your case, you have certainly made the right choice in opting for a brand new pair. It doesn't make sense to have the faulty woofer replaced, even if you are in Klang Valley. You've bought a new pair of speakers and got a faulty pair instead, and the dealer should make it right for you by replacing the pair with a brand new pair. No comment on additional shipping fees but even if you are required to pay for the shipping, it is still worthwhile to have a completely brand new pair than having to change the faulty driver yourself and end up with a half-baked job that may not sound like the original. If you're not hands-on it may even make things worse. I am actually little surprised with the dealer's offer to ship a new driver to you to have you replace it yourself.

Anyway it's good that you have got things settled now. The current batch of PMC speakers are good stuff. Works great with a wide range of amps, especially with Naim.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:01 am

Just be patient and wait for the new pair. I'm sure av designs will test it out before shipping now. Don't discount it just because you have a hiccup earlier. Av designs was at least quick to response and took full responsibility immediately. I'm saying this as a fellow customer and in no way associated to them. Wish you will have a perfect pair this time and enjoy your music. At the moment spinning Armik piano nights and love every track with this speakers.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:08 am

Thanks Ryder,

for your comments and sharing, actually by telling me of the cosmetic defects, i do have something to share, actually with this pair of PMCs, when i opened the box, brand new, and when i was setting them up, i notice the label at the back of the speakers came off, and it wasnt sitting at its place, but was instead sticking at the bottom of the speakers with half of it budging out of the speaker cabinet, i tried taking it out, and it did and stick it back to the proper place..... maybe that's an indication that the speakers are faulty... hehehe

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 am

Hey Ongaaron,

Yeah i agree that AV Designs are quick to response to my problem and quite happy indeed that they have agreed to replace my faulty speakers.... Responsibility is what i perceive to be a good value for a dealer... but again the whole ordeal is a sad one...

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 am

Speakers received last Thursday and when i opened the box, one of the speakers is dented, while the other speakers had chipped veneers on and surrounding the gap between the tweeter drive units and the woofer drive units, found out scratches on the woofer's surrounding metal 'casing' as well.

Was told by dealer that he had personally make sure the speakers are tested properly before sending and condition is brand new, but when speakers arrived, this is what i've got.

Dealer told me that he is claiming for insurance and i hope it is a damage done during the freighting period so that insurance will cover and i can finally get my perfect pair of speakers and the dealer can rest on this 'eventful' sale.

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:49 am

Zaku, the replacement pair are defective too? At present, what is the situation or arrangement? I wasn't clear on your last sentence.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Ongaaron,

The replacement pair, one of the speakers had a dent, the other one had a chip on the veneer on the small gap between the woofer and the tweeter, sound is so far so good no defects.

the arrangement is that the dealer claims for insurance from the freight company, claiming that it is damaged during the transit of the speakers from KL - KCH.

however there is a breach on the box. a small puncture at the packaging.

But was relatively unhappy when the dealer say they have received the speakers i sent to them (the one with the woofer problem) and told me that the speakers is fine and they have been playing it for hours, and i was told that i had used the speakers at high SPL. However, my dear friend the dealer had forgotten than not everyone loves high SPL, i let my speakers burned in before i played anything, and even so my volume is hardly pass 8 o'clock. and the distortion came settling in with me playing the Pink Panther SACD (Tribute to Mancini version) and if it is something to do with my electronics, i have swapped to my main system, and the woofer just stopped, and was dead after playing a few tracks.

I do not know how on earth, did the faulty woofer came alive after i sent them over, probably the freighter was carrying a piece of relic of a holy man and a miracle happened during the freight or some how there is something loose in the cabling of the speaker itself.

And the dealer had also failed to take notice that, i paid for the freight charges to and for for the first pair ( with blown woofer) and he paid for the replacement (with a dented cabinet and chipped veneer + Scratched woofer casing). at the end i am losing the most and would i be so smart as to waste extra money for a great deal which after all these ordeal had became stale deal.

But to all respect for the dealer, i just hope everything can be settled amicably and if it is not done properly, it would forever be a scar on my memory and HIFI journey.

P/S: it could also be that the dealer when testing the replacement pairs he sent to me (he has told me that he would personally test the replacement pair before sending to me) all was fine, but when his staff was packing the speakers, the accidentally dented the cabinet and well like all worker, they would not tell their boss, and thus this incident happened. You can never be too sure. But for him to alleged me on the HIGH SPL incident i am quite disturbed. I respect HIFI as a hobby and i would not ever subject my gears to such barbaric treatment.

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next