Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Help! pairing of speakers with amplifier

2 posters

Go down

Help! pairing of speakers with amplifier Empty Help! pairing of speakers with amplifier

Post by tweety1127 Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi all, 

Please excuse me for the newbie and elementary questions below as i am really new to the audio scene. 

I have a very old Denon AVR 770 amplifier, it is a unit which my family bought from Japan. after a number of years collecting dust, i have decided to reuse it. turns out the logic board was broken and i got it fixed and it works. 

I paired it with 4 Revox Aluminium Cube (http://www.revox.com/en/loudspeaker/aluminium-design-s/cube.html) speakers and it sounded quite ok. However, after 2 hours of playing, smoke starts coming out of the amp and everything stop working again. 

Sent it back to the AV guy, he said the speaker physical size (the diamension of the speaker)is too small for the amp. The guy said the speaker diameter must at least be 8 inch and above. 

my Question are as below:

1) does it matter what is the size of the speaker when pairing with the amplifier? 
2) what speakers i should pair with the Denon Amp?
3) what amplifier should i use for the Revox Speakers (apart from revox amp, see below)?
4) Is there any one that knows any shop in Malaysia that either distributes Revox speakers, or can fix Revox brand amplifier and system? (the Revox amp cannot be powered on as well and the hi fi guy didnt dare to open to check what is wrong because it is quite exp.)

your assistance and guidance is much appreciated! 

many thanks!

Chong

tweety1127

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-10-27

Back to top Go down

Help! pairing of speakers with amplifier Empty Re: Help! pairing of speakers with amplifier

Post by STC Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi,

I think he meant to say 8 ohm speakers. Revox are 4 ohm speakers. Having said that, unless you are driving your speakers real loud, I don't think there should be a problem. 

Try our Mr. Oh listed here in the general section.
STC
STC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Character sheet
Source(s): Ambiophonics setup.
Amplification:
Speakers: Electrostatics

https://stchelvam.wixsite.com/ambiophonics3dstereo

Back to top Go down

Help! pairing of speakers with amplifier Empty Re: Help! pairing of speakers with amplifier

Post by tweety1127 Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Hei Thanks! 

I understand that the website said the Revox Cube is 4Ohm, but the sticker behind the Cube that i has says it is 8Ohm nominal impedance though?

Ok noted on Mr. Oh, will check with him, thanks again!

tweety1127

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down