Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Temporary pairing question

2 posters

Go down

Temporary pairing question Empty Temporary pairing question

Post by swing123 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Hi,

One technical question.

I currently have a denon micro system and intend to slowly upgrade. I am now eyeing a pair of speakers and plan to buy and drive it with the Denon Cd receiver temporary. Is that possible? I know this is not ideal but my budget currently only cukup for me to buy speakers nia. I dun like to buy stuff on credit, so have to accumuate another budget before I go for the CDP and int amp later on. I would like to ask, will this pairing damage the cd receiver or the speaker?

CD receiver is rated at 22wpc at 6ohm.
The speaker is rated at 20w-80w, at 4ohm.

If this pairing is fine, can I use the speaker wire that comes with the Micro system to connect or must I buy another "better grade and owg" speaker wire?

Thanks in advance if you can provide your comment.

Cheers,

swing123
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Temporary pairing question Empty Re: Temporary pairing question

Post by sflam Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:15 am

since yr cd receiver is rated at only 22 watts (presumably this is rms and not peak music power), u hv to chck the speaker's sensitivity.
if the speakers are not sensitive enough, then the receiver may be under powered.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swing123 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:22 am

sflam wrote:since yr cd receiver is rated at only 22 watts (presumably this is rms and not peak music power), u hv to chck the speaker's sensitivity.
if the speakers are not sensitive enough, then the receiver may be under powered.

Thanks. Yup, it is 22w rms.

Speaker's sensitivity is 87.....

swing123
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sflam Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:18 pm

22 watts rms into speakers with 87dB sensitivity shld be ok, but it may not play very loud or the amp may clip when playing too loud.
try it and see but plse turn the volume up slowly...

can I use the speaker wire that comes with the Micro system to connect or must I buy another "better grade and owg" speaker wire?

for the time being u can use the wire that came with the micro system. u mght as well save the cash for upgrading to better components. when yr system is better, then u can think abt buyng special speaker cables.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swing123 Mon May 03, 2010 10:01 am

thanks for the reassuring reply. Bought the speakers over the weekend and collecting today. Will try set it up tomorrow and see how it goes.

swing123
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by swing123 Wed May 05, 2010 2:13 pm

sflam wrote:22 watts rms into speakers with 87dB sensitivity shld be ok, but it may not play very loud or the amp may clip when playing too loud.
try it and see but plse turn the volume up slowly...

Just an update - grabbed the speakers and pair it with denon micro cd receiver, hook up with the speaker wire that came with the micro system.

Huge improvement of sound compare to the Mission M33 speaker that comes with the system. Surprising I can play most of the music to quite a loud level without the amp cripping. Of course different user would have different tolerance level toward loudness.

Now let me enjoy my music while slowly upgrade the next components, ie cdp, int amp and cables and eagerly anticipating improvement to the music from each upgrading.

thanks again.

swing123
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down