Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

JBL electronics - discussion thread

+5
yhsam
azri
skooi3
antaklugom
wabun
9 posters

Go down

JBL electronics - discussion thread Empty JBL electronics - discussion thread

Post by wabun Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:00 am

I was amazed by the blasting power of YHSAM's JBL setup. His JBL L100S
accuphase intergrated really can rock Laughing not the end of the world in terms
of resolution but silky smooth midrange and down to the earth bass..yeah ! thats the JBL !

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Character sheet
Source(s): Mac mini - Bryston BDP - Calyx DAC 24/192 - Rega P8
Amplification: Jumpan Balance - ARC VT100Mk3 - Musical Fidelity FX
Speakers: JBL 4313B , Harbeth P3esr

Back to top Go down

JBL electronics - discussion thread Empty Re: JBL electronics - discussion thread

Post by antaklugom Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:25 am

Eventhough most JBL are not Biwirable, it is the Favourite amongst the American Vintage Amp Enthusiast (Especially the Vintage model with the Horn Tweeter Type are most sought after.....) JBL electronics - discussion thread Icon_biggrin JBL electronics - discussion thread Icon_biggrin JBL electronics - discussion thread Icon_biggrin
antaklugom
antaklugom
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

JBL electronics - discussion thread Empty Re: JBL electronics - discussion thread

Post by skooi3 Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:16 pm

i have a jbl 2402 tweeter, but i do know wat crossover wan to match it . anyone can help me. tq
skooi3
skooi3
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:58 pm

wabun, have you any video to share?
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by yhsam Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:03 am

wabun wrote:I was amazed by the blasting power of YHSAM's JBL setup. His JBL L100S
accuphase intergrated really can rock JBL electronics - discussion thread Icon_lol not the end of the world in terms
of resolution but silky smooth midrange and down to the earth bass..yeah ! thats the JBL !

haha, Wabun, I've just seen this topic posted by you. I've thought you were not amazed by my setup, as it's not sound realistic to you. javascript:emoticonp('tongue')

Please allow me add my point to the resolution of Accuphase. Indeed, the resolution produced by Accuphase is very high and detailed. But due to its silky smoothness, it might be giving wrong feeling to the listener, as it's lack of resolution and transparency.

JBL, JBL, I love vintage JBL so much, especially 3-way JBL (titanium tweeter + king of mid driver + 12" woofer). javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')

I am very much prefer this kind of sound, after listening to many setup and live performance. It allows me to listen long hours for music. Apart from that, all kind of music are accepted, inclusive of blasting rock, vocal, and lousy local pressing of Chinese/English pop.

Cheers

yhsam
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by highcut28 Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:10 pm

I have just received an old pair of L200 from hometown.
We've had them new since about '74 They have not been used for the last 15 or more years.
The bases disintegrated (fibreboard) but the boxes seemed ok altho veneer a bit tatty inparts.
The big cones were intact with good surrounds.
And guess what ...they sound lust as loud and coloured and shoutey as before Smile
Rock on old JBLs - I will try send a pic or two later.

highcut28
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by yhsam Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi highcut28,

After an audition to your L200, I am really fallen in love. The best part of it is still with original driver form. With this JBL, you pay no attention for super expensive amp and cables. It will just make you enjoying music.

Jealous you :-)

Cheers,
Sam

yhsam
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by highcut28 Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Thank u Sam. And was a pleasure meeting u last nite.
Wink
Regards
S

highcut28
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bashah34 Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Anybody know about HP520?Thinking to get these speakers used.

bashah34
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by yhsam Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:12 am

709 of 2011 was a beautiful day for me and my wife. Out of KL, and keep makan and minum in Ipoh with Wabun and Fizi, of course cakap-cakap Hifi too ;-) Fizi, I am pleased to know you, finally.

Of course the main course of this trip is HIFI! Paid a visit to Wabun' adjusted system. Make it simple understand.

Bass, fast and extended.

Mids, interpreted sexy by the Alnico drivers. I find the vocal is standing still where is supposed to be.

Highs, unbelievable ring bells produced by the extra super tweeters.

I reliase your system is even more well balanced than before. Yes, the preamplifier is a heart of system. You did it well, you truly know your own way to HIFI nirvana. Now, your next upgrade should be a ROOM, right?

yhsam
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by gloraglory Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:04 am

can JBL L112 be considered here, i got a pair,
love the sound Smile
gloraglory
gloraglory
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:27 am

You ain't heard nothing yet, till listening to the older and more professionally built studio monitor series like the 4343 or similar series driven by its own JBL Urei power amps. They don't build things like these anymore. Of course don't compare to new JBL Everest lah!..different animal altogether.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by gloraglory Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 am

cmboy my dear,
so what is today speakers that can sound and behave like 4343 as this model hard to find these day?

JBL Everest is on their league lah.. some more mahal sangat, i'm not Uncle Vic lah

Smile
gloraglory
gloraglory
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down