Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

NAD - discussion thread

+17
Naim-ThoR
aminmh
WillSmith
joeling
meng_durjana
atoz
bal
Porex
hi5papa
puiyk1973
yhsam
gc
adrian4454
mugenfoo
wingman
fildude
kern
21 posters

Go down

NAD - discussion thread Empty NAD - discussion thread

Post by kern Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:50 pm

I have own NAD 3020i, 3020 and 3120.

Treble *****
Mid range *****
Bass ****

Treble ****
Mid range *****
Bass ****

3020i
Treble ***
Mid Range ****
Bass ****

Note: Above are my personal view which may differ from person to person.

Last edited by kern on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

kern
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

NAD - discussion thread Empty Re: NAD - discussion thread

Post by fildude Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Recently bought used Nad 3130, made in Taiwan. I was told that this model, including the 3020s were all made in Taiwan. Sounds is very nice, tube-like, much better than previous amps I've owned. Decided to disconnect the internal pre-amp and connected a Tono violin tube pre-amp with great improvement. It presently drives a pair of Ruark Sabre I.

fildude

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Owned a 3020, robust build quality and made to impress. One AMP that was able to match what was thrown at it. Twisted Evil

Comparing SQ against my previous AMPS ( Japanese makes ) that I have owned - good overall character, well balanced, warm, involving, analogue feel when warmed up over time. Highs are excellent not over powering, midrange very nice and clear, lowrange punchy and very robust and without listening fatigue.

Times have changed though and it's no longer the all-conquering purchase it once was with newer models being released.

My next upgrade was a NAD as well - a 350, that pretty much says it all..a Die Hard NAD kaki... Twisted Evil even my CD player is a NAD

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:09 am

NAD is just good for a bang-for-buck stuff.

But when much higher performance is required or coveted, almost everyone moves on from a NAD system to other stuff like for example, a Rega Elicit Amp.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:26 am

Hi Mugen...

Yeap...bang for buck and worth every penny spent on it.

Won't deny if ones desires something better then moving up the rank to other makes is a choice. There is always going to be a "fan base" for every equipment, the LINN's, REGA's and the PIPIT's of the audio industry.

Asthectically, the current 350 that's in my stable is plain but the internals are well thought out. That's where the sonics get manipulated and delivered via the speakers to sound warm ( NAD's signature ), has good separation and pretty much detailed. The highs are not in your face, just precise to ones listening pleasure. Once it warms up to the occasion and everything sounds ....Cool bounce cheers.

My NAD CD player got an internal makeover and it's performing up to expectaionon via a DAC and every penny spent on the makeover was worth it.

My believe if matched with the right audio gear it can be a giant killer but thats just my opinion. Exclamation Idea

End of the day, me being cautious on over focusing on the hardware and missing out on enjoying the software Sad ..... that too is my personal opinion.Wink

One can never predict the future... Arrow down the road Arrow ...a NAIM or a REGA is in the pipeline Very Happy ...Question Hmmmmm......

cheers Very Happy

Last edited by wingman on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 am

I used to own a C370. Love the power and heighten bass tune.

Yes, it is considered a warm machine~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by gc Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Started HIFI fever in early 80.

1. NAD 3020I (82 - 85)

2. Audiolab 8000A (95 - 07)

3. NAD 320Bee ( 2007 - now)

4. NAD 7240P (after my audiolab 8000A retired in 08) just need the for phone my Rega P3.

Overall, happy with these NAD budget amp.

gc

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Character sheet
Source(s): Goldmund Studietto and Marantz CD63SE + GD Audio FUN
Amplification: Manley reference compact MonoBlock 160W
Speakers: Spendor LS3/5A + Roger AB-1

Back to top Go down

Post by fildude Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:05 pm

I completely agree with the comments/opinion aired by Wingman and Mugen. There are many other better performing amps available today that will eclipse the performance of these Nad vintage units. But, it will set you back by quite a bit of moolah. While I also own a couple of other "supposedly" high-end audio systems, the performance of the Nad I recently bought simply amazes me. I basically use it for background music when I'm reading the morning papers. It provides good sound, it's simple to use and very dependable amp! I'm very impressed with the performance of the vintage Nad 3130 compared to a number of late model amps in the market today. And, considering that this unit has been in use for something like 25+ years, it speaks very highly of the quality and build.

I haven't listened to a Nad 3020 amp but have read so many good reviews about it. I wonder how it compares with the 3130? Just curious. Thanks!

fildude

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by yhsam Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 pm

NAD --> Rega

Raga --> ?

? --> ??

Don't look down on NAD, or else someone will also do the same on your Rega, even Krell.

Indeed, NAD does the right job for the music lovers. It might outperform so much expensive systems.

yhsam
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:52 pm

fildude wrote:I haven't listened to a Nad 3020 amp but have read so many good reviews about it. I wonder how it compares with the 3130? Just curious. Thanks!

You will never regret owning a NAD 3020....simply ....Shocked Shocked Shocked bounce bounce bounce . This is the unit that got me to stick on to a NAD to be the driver of my gear and music.

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by puiyk1973 Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:34 pm

NAD, ha I owe a NAD receiver 753, One NAD power amp c272, three C 275BEE, this r the set up for my HT, very statisfy with the performance..... Next will be buying a NAD HT pre amp....

puiyk1973
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Character sheet
Source(s): AMR cd-777
Amplification: Leben RS100-u and CS1000P
Speakers: ProAc D28

Back to top Go down

Post by hi5papa Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:56 pm

Highs and lows are not as good as 3120 but midrange better than 3020i

However to sound good,it prefers 4 ohms speaker load..crank the volume up pass 10 oclcok is where the real good sound started to kick in sunny

hi5papa
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:41 am

Hi ...

Anyone has any expereince or own the newer range of NAD gear Question

Noticed that the used market for NAD gear is pretty much Twisted Evil hot Twisted Evil ...being snapped up without hesitation.

Cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Porex Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:41 am

In the year 1995, I decided to upgrade and change my audio system from Integrated Stereo Amp brand Technics to NAD.

I bought the Receiver AV716 and NAD 512 CD Player new in a shop in Ampang at a cost of RM2, 500.00, Yes, I admit, I attach a NAD brand with very satisfactory results when you hear the sound of a CD player, especially a sharp sound, and Receiver AV716 is able to drive any type of speaker as well as to stabilize the product suitable for the speaker. I've been using this brand NAD for over 10 years.

However, after 10 years, both of these products it does not go on display panel, as well as CD players gear that is damaged and can not read data on the CD.

I intend to dispose of this equipment only, but before that I refer to the store I bought this equipment day period, the seller in the shop said, "why I was appointed as qualified technicians NAD if I am not able to fix that? Answer I think I must decide whether to continue or not. Finally I decided to fix it.

According to the technician, Brand NAD has a circuit that is very smooth and difficult to change the parts although small bulp light is only one damaged, although can be exchanged with other bulb brand it will spread to the next bulb up to mischief in the main circuit. He said work must change the parts in exchange for saving a bundle of circuits and other chip from damage. Similarly, the gear CD player, all in exchange for saving a set of others chip in the circuit.

With regard to costs, I have no problem on it because I feel very compatible with the brand, but the cost of both of these tools of RM 750.00.

However, for audio enthusiasts, I recommend using a brand NAD as a simple and affordable cost for the audio enthusiast.

Any fan of NAD can refer to the technician at Victory Audio Ampang near the old police station. Smile
Porex
Porex
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Porex, I like you writing, although I havent got a clue what the technician did to your amp. RM750 is indeed an expensive repair, mean time, it sound like the tech would have got ur AV Amp repaired into a Stereo amp, with some of the AV function disconnected.

Anyway, if you like music and dont care much about movie sound; you should go for a NAD Stereo amp instead. It will give a better sound compare to AV Amp of the same price.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Porex Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:33 pm

adrian4454 wrote:Hi Porex, I like you writing, although I havent got a clue what the technician did to your amp. RM750 is indeed an expensive repair, mean time, it sound like the tech would have got ur AV Amp repaired into a Stereo amp, with some of the AV function disconnected.

Anyway, if you like music and dont care much about movie sound; you should go for a NAD Stereo amp instead. It will give a better sound compare to AV Amp of the same price.

I express my gratitude to adrian4454 on his experience using the same brand. However, I admit the cost is expensive, but I could not, because I am very interested in this brand because sound is so stable. I admit also sounds better than the receiver amplifier brand,

I have great respect for a Chinese technician with my view, as a qualified technician NAD, a little shy when I think he wanted to ask, but he would know what I mean by explaining one by one before I asked to give an understanding of maintenance NAD brand with honest to me he he ..

Yes, I was quite satisfied because most of the technicians refused to repair the receiver because of too much work. especially the problem of the lighted display panel, as he also recommends using the original parts so that his life can survive at least 5 years, but I'm quite impressed with the brand NAD CD made ​​England his music is quite stable and sharp,

Yes, I agree, this receiver I use more to movie sound, listen to music occasionally, but not loss Amplifier NAD brand is used for long time, and is suitable for use in heavy genre and Blues songs. I do not have the brand NAD amplifier, but I still find that quite acceptable. To hear a song, I still use the brand Sansui AU 555 of 1968 which is still good condition.
Porex
Porex
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:09 pm

puiyk1973 wrote:NAD, ha I owe a NAD receiver 753, One NAD power amp c272, three C 275BEE, this r the set up for my HT, very statisfy with the performance..... Next will be buying a NAD HT pre amp....

I used to have a NAD c272 drive my Magneplanar MMG, which are notoriously difficult speakers to drive. The NAD drove them well without breaking a sweat. I could easily have lived with the amp, but got 'gatal' and sold it off and bought something else.

But man, that was a good amp.

Bal

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by atoz Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:29 pm

I am another NAD man here, they are smooth, sweet, powerful and tough. Have a old 3020 series20 still kicking like young man, C270 is great too.Very Happy
atoz
atoz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by meng_durjana Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Another NAD man here. Own a C355BEE currently. Had experience with several amps before i.e Rotel, Naim, Denon.... My conclusion, it's worth every penny spent on with. So natural and sweet sounding.
meng_durjana
meng_durjana

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-24

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:16 pm

NAD was my first amp. Paired it with a Sony 100 disc changer (Gasp ! What a Face ) & a pair stand mount Mirage speakers (fremom Canada). Still have all of them. Only the NAD in active service though - Reside in my office system paired with a Marantz CD63 KI modified (clock) & A pair of ProAc Tablette 50 (with premium crossover components).

It was the EISA Amp of the year the year I purchased it. It's a NAD 302.

Regards,

Joe Ling
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by meng_durjana Sat May 12, 2012 9:06 am

Any M series owner here? Care to share your experience?
meng_durjana
meng_durjana

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-24

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

NAD - discussion thread Empty NAD - Discussion Thread

Post by WillSmith Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:40 am

I have the NAD M15HD2 and I must said after comparing with so many of the brands out there at the given price point, though many of them (especially Jap) has more bells and whistles, the NAD gives me no frill performance that matters the most to me and a classic look that ooze quality.

The only thing lacking is no XLR connections. Apart from that, it's perhaps the most satisfactory AV processors i have ever used. One thing i noticed is, NAD power amp featuring Power Drive will sound better if you're feeding it with lower impedance speakers.

WillSmith
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-12-07

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by aminmh Fri May 03, 2013 2:59 pm

hi guys, i'm a NAD fan as well.

my first NAD gear AVR T753. really love the power and envelopment.

later bought NAD C272 to run the front PSB t65 speakers.-even more power!

later bought NAD 2100, bridge it to run the PSB C60 center speaker. wah better center control and drive.

then, sold off the C272 and bought 2 used NAD 2700THX and set it as monoblock.. the soundstage was so deep and made my raise my 'arm hair'... but later reduce to one power amp coz not enough space.

so my setup is a mix of HT and some music.

these NAD gears never sweat when driving loud during movie passages especially now im on HD. unfortunately the current NAD HT quite expensive so i bought Cambridge audio 650R AV amp as the main processor supported by these amp. not bad at all while NAD supporting the power area, processing comes from the cambridge. marvelous!

my other equipment:

subwoofer : velodyne CHT 15Q

Avia powertrans isolation transformer, PS Audio Quintet and Ultimate Outlet power conditioner, a mix of various power cables (audioquest, Cardas, transparent audio, XLO) and plugs, auralex sound acoustics and diy bass traps, auralex subdude, PS AUDIO HCA 2 power amp, Pioneer HDMI Bluray player.. my humble hybrid setup

PSB t65 front, PSB c60 center, PSB image bipole surround, jamo rear back surround.

thanx hifi4sale.

aminmh
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Character sheet
Source(s): cambridge audio 651r cd player, pioneer bdp450
Amplification: Yamaha avr rx A3050,Cambridge audio azur 650r, PS AUDIO HCA 2, NAD 2700THX, NAD T753
Speakers: PSB image series, velodyne,boston acoustic Jamo

Back to top Go down

Post by Naim-ThoR Sat May 04, 2013 9:00 am

When compared to its competitors Nait 1[15W] of that time it simply cheaper enough to access to such SQ advantage.

Like Nait 1[naim],it sounds natural, but amazingly sweet,can play loud & clear, and to drive even the most difficult loudspeaker with ease.
But Nait 1 cost 5times Higher....
Here vote goes to 3020i, be the all time winner when money is the key to access such offering.
Naim-ThoR
Naim-ThoR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Character sheet
Source(s): 1541 古军碟机
Amplification: solid state 经典佳机
Speakers: italia

https://www.hifi4sale.net/t32755-no-money-no-tweak-no-talk

Back to top Go down

Post by SaifulAJ Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 pm

My first amp was an NAD 310. Soft, detail and gentle.

Anyone heard the 375bee? The press reviewed it favourably and I wonder whether it could pump more bass out of the tiny Harbeth P3s. My current amp is Quad 606.

regards

SaifulAJ
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by runemaster Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:36 am

Can I join? I own a NAD Silverline S100 Preamp, linked to 2 DIY ClassDaudio SDS-224 kit in monoblock, each monoblock outputs a total of 240wpc. These are connected to Sonus Faber Liuto monitor bookshelf.

My impression?  A warm preamp. If you are looking for those screaming girl with high high frequency shriek, i don;t think i can feel that in NAD Silverline. 

But this preamp is the one that can make me feel the singer is smack right infront of me. And it feels so damn good.

runemaster
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by haji-K Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:34 am

Started with a nad3020 early 80's during college days as a present from big bro. Impress with the sound...as they say tube like, vocal/midrange very clear. 
After graduation....started a career down south JB...mid 80's....bought a brand new nad 3020i...sweet little amp, very musical....to my ear better sounding gear than a legend 3020, some folks prefer 3020i. Speaker wise, I m pairing them with gale model 2 loud speaker and celestion 3.

Different presentation...cassette deck teac then Sony cdp m27. Prefer the analog version rather than digital...funny though.

Mid 90's bought a brand new 302... Presentation close to the legend 3020 with nad own cd502.

Always prefer the nad3020i.

haji-K
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 am

Had a NAD 3140 instead of the 3020 for more power. NAD was good but I would not gush too much about it. Unlike the Japanese offerings of the day like the JVCs, Panasonics, etc it had warmth. It had power because of the design work of Matti Otala but it meant a loose bass which some equated to warmth. It lacked detail but against the Naims, Meridians of the day it was not as clean sounding. These days, modern amps would see amps like NAD off because today's amps are much more tighter sounding because speakers have moved on and 6in speakers produce more  bass by having more travel. But in the past, where speakers had less travel, warmth (or less bass control) equated to more bass.
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Character sheet
Source(s): CA Azur 851 Streamer/Michell Gyro/OL Conqueror/ VDH Frog
Amplification: Nuprime STA-9
Speakers: B&W 706 /AVI DM 10

Back to top Go down

Post by haji-K Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:47 pm

One journey into sound always a never ending story. By 2005, try the all naim system namely Naim Nac 122x powering with Naim Nap 150x playing the Naim cd5i, speaker ProAc studio 140 ...
To my ear, spending time with the system at the beginning like a new journey...

10 years from 1996 until 2005, try many system from Rotel integrated, Rotel pre/power with Rotel cd player...Marantz....,Hafler,....to name a few....
A different presentation...altogether...
IMHO...different Brand produce different and unique presentation...

Sometime I wonder....Naim sound better then Nad...
however the sweet presentation of Nad 3020i driving the Gale model 2 and driving the Revolvers 250 always memorable and enjoyable. Now they are still continue their service in the bedroom, while Naim at the hall...

Nad 3020i still singing while 3020, 302 and other gear   servicing others perhaps (sell them....)

New world order with 9.2 home theatre system invading our home ....

Nad 3020i still do wonders assisting me went to sleep.
Thank you Mr. BEE

haji-K
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down