Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Curious about seller in this forum

+3
WongKN
drife
musicgirl
7 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Curious about seller in this forum Empty Re: Curious about seller in this forum

Post by drife Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 am

ahem... ermm... the 25 item cap? bullseye?

some online dealers might actually have more items than shops LOL. i hope it doesn't piss someone off... or shake someone's legs... considering shops these days are getting lesser walk-ins

right or not musicgirl?

drife
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Character sheet
Source(s): USJ
Amplification: Subang Jaya
Speakers: Selangor

http://drifeaudio.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 am

Ah, didn't realize this is one way to overcome the 25 items/month limit. The original idea of this limit as implemented by our admin is so that the common folks, e.g. people like you & I, who might want to sell off our personal items in order to raise funds to upgrade it, is not buried by commercial sellers. I.e. an older post gets pushed down by a newer one so if we want to sell our personal item, it will quickly get pushed to the next page, or even lower levels when a commercial seller starts to put their considerable inventory for sale. We must remember H4S is for everyone, sellers -AND- hifi owners so while we can never be truly fair to everyone, we just try to do whatever we can lar.

I think our admin is aware of this and when he gets more time to think about it, he might decide to something about it. The only issue is whether there is anything at all he can do about it.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by swing123 Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:13 pm

WongKN wrote:Ah, didn't realize this is one way to overcome the 25 items/month limit. The original idea of this limit as implemented by our admin is so that the common folks, e.g. people like you & I, who might want to sell off our personal items in order to raise funds to upgrade it, is not buried by commercial sellers. I.e. an older post gets pushed down by a newer one so if we want to sell our personal item, it will quickly get pushed to the next page, or even lower levels when a commercial seller starts to put their considerable inventory for sale. We must remember H4S is for everyone, sellers -AND- hifi owners so while we can never be truly fair to everyone, we just try to do whatever we can lar.

I think our admin is aware of this and when he gets more time to think about it, he might decide to something about it. The only issue is whether there is anything at all he can do about it.

How about times to split the For Sales thread, perhaps one for commercial dealer/seller and one for the non-commercial?

swing123
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

My suggestion.
Open a sub category purely for hifi dealers or known dealers (by repute or reported as such) who lists items consistently to the point of being seen as commercial. They can post all they want there.
Then individuals and one offs may have more exposure in main list category. If there's consistent posting by dealers (e.g. who may insist on posting 5 or more items at one go or daily), individual's item may end up on page 8 the next day or lost deep for certain.
How about that?
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:14 pm

This was what I am proposing. But admin is busy so have to wait until we can properly discuss first before any concrete action can be done. But I personally feel it is time to split the for-sale forum, eventhough I do not moderate that forum at all nowadays.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Hmmm..observing this, suggested seperate category for accessories such as speaker cables, interconnects, tweaking stuff.
Yep, as the listings get larger and more frequent, forum should reorganize to suit change. If not, search facility may incur jam.
My 2 sen.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by gpsymod Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Good to see as it's more organise and neat.WongKN ric, cerita and table it la at the deWan...i mean hifi4sale admin.

my 1 sen

gpsymod
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by samn Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:49 pm

I would like to suggest that commercial dealers be given a purpose made thread or sub-category under their names for each of them. In that way, potential buyers would have easy access to their thread or sub-category. And also to avoid confusion among the hifi kakis and at the same time we can spot the lemon among these commercial dealers. My 2cents.
samn
samn
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Character sheet
Source(s): Rega RP3, Audiolab 8200CD, Marantz CD6003, Teac W790R & Teac V5010
Amplification: Audiolab 8200Q & Audiolab 8000M
Speakers: Mission Volare V63

Back to top Go down