Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Looking for some help to track down seller (Long) in KL

+15
cshoes
zeebee
acousticmass
corgi_loy
kychoo99
elhefe
sampanboy
cmboy
viper
cbp
eddie
joagib
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
alfred
surroy
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking for some help to track down seller (Long) in KL - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for some help to track down seller (Long) in KL

Post by surroy Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:42 am

to be honest it has progressed somewhat based on Andrew's last communique but since that point there has been no traction. I sent him a couple of msgs to contact me since he said he would be ready to ship it out to me today but cant get hold of him. as for long a/o dyven or wong (uncle) no picture or sound at all - I can only assume that Andrew is in contact with him/them on this ? Andrew, pls contact me urgently as I may have the amp sent to an address in KL for verification and onward transport to me in Sgp so less hassle for you. pls note that I have been very very patient and took your word on good faith despite protestation to the contrary so if there is no word on the status by tomrw - I may have to resort to other collection options. thanks.

surroy
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-09-14

Back to top Go down

Looking for some help to track down seller (Long) in KL - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for some help to track down seller (Long) in KL

Post by surroy Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:21 pm

hi Andrew - is the amp ready ? if not can you state the reasons ..........

surroy
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by surroy Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:22 pm

hi does anyone here know Andrew loy or long or anyone and could you let me have their phone number pls ?

surroy
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by surroy Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:02 pm

hi all - quick update, I have initiated paypal funds recovery protocol (not sure how effective it will be) so many thanks to all of you kind souls and will keep you updated on my tribulations. thank you all again.

surroy
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corgi_loy Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Mr.Surroy,

Kindly update you. The CHORD amp is in a good condition. I have tested for the following 3 days since last saturday. I notice from your previous reply that you request for 4 months warranty. I am glad to inform you in this forum that i personally give you a 6 months warranty due to my confident on this amp condition. Tonight please check your email. I will liase with you through your email for the delivery progress. Apologize due to my late reply.

corgi_loy

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by david&david Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi surroy
The seller no reply. Ignore the repairman and take back your money.
Regards

david&david
Club Member
Club Member

Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by surroy Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:24 pm

hi Andrew - thanks for your reply. I gladly accept your 6 months warranty. as per your pm email to me, which I have also answered you via pm, please note there is no need to deliver the amp to Singapore as I will have a friend test it in front of you in kl and then he will deliver it to me in sgp.

his contact details are on the pm that I replied to you as well as the timing ie pls call him by tomrw morning so you both can liase on meetup place.

I will need to the amp delivered to him by latest Thursday noon so he check it in front of you and call me to verify all is ok with it. again the timing of your contacting him on Wednesday and delivering within KL on Thursday is extremely important.

once he has verified all is in order after his test in your presence, he will call me and I will pull back the paypal dispute I have lodged with them. he will bring it to  Singapore which will save you cost and me time. if all goes smoothly, we can  put this behind us and move on. thank you very much.

roy

surroy
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameslee Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:21 am

I don't browse hifi4sale that often and much less in "General (Non-Equipment) Discussions".

Then I noticed this thread and only found out about this serious matter.

Okay, I did buy a few items from Long during the period from December 2011 to June 2012. I bought WireWorld Luna 16/4 & Stream Speaker Cables, Isotek NeoPlug, Supra Main Plug and MK Fuses from Long during that period. Each time he sent the different items to me via courier (if not mistaken, Poslaju).

Because it was a few years ago, obviously I did not keep the Courier Tracking slips which shows the sender's address. And unfortunately, I did not keep a record of this address and all his receipts are just the common ones which can be bought from any stationery shop so there is no identification of seller except for "Long", "Cash", Product details and Price and no signature.

Fortunately, I do keep records of the transactions as I paid via direct online bank funds transfer.

If "Long" is the same person you are referring to, and with whom I have bought items from, then his full name (according to his bank account) is...

Long Shi Hong
(From my records of his Public Bank account)

And his wife (I believe, not sure) is...

Lim Ee
(From my records of her Hong Leong Bank account)

I do have the bank account numbers BUT I don't know whether I should show it here in public. Probably it would be more appropriate to disclose via pm.

I hope this matter can be settled amicably for both parties. It just sucks when such matters happened, especially to the buyer who did not get the goods after payment.

I do not delete any of my hifi4sale pm's communication (including my dealings with Long) so I do know that I have previously bought from Long on 4 different occasions. All the deliveries were fast and received without any problems. Of course the bought items were not expensive. BUT I am mentioning this as a matter of fact, NOT as proof of credibility of this seller.

A word of caution here. Even with all the few details that I have, I cannot verify with absolute 100% certainty whether "Long" is who he is supposed to be. The name used in his bank account, "Long Shi Hong" could also belong to someone else.

With the knowledge of his full "name" and bank account number, such info would at least show some leads to his "actual' identity.

I don't know if it will serve any useful purpose, but please let me know whether you would like to have his bank account number and I will pm it to you.

You paid via Paypal so is the name used in this account the same name as "Long Shi Hong" or another one ?

I regret not being able to help you in getting his address.

Last edited by jameslee on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction to ... "if not mistaken, Poslaju")

jameslee

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by surroy Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:44 am

hi james - many thanks for your kind outline of what has happened in the past. the name was different on paypal but maybe as you suggstd it is something for pm's and not the open forum (no offense meant to forummers here). if I run into any further difficulties in due course then I may revert to you for further info. as things stand right now, I am more concerned abt receipt of the item in question and until it is clear that nothing is forthcoming from the seller, I will hold my peace. again my sincere thanks.

surroy
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameslee Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi Roy,

Don't mention it. Will do, so just pm when you need the bank a/c numbers. Unfortunately I am not able to do more to help.

I just hope this matter can be resolved in a win-win position for both parties without tarnishing the image of the seller being called a conman, and without causing regrets to the buyer for not getting the purchased item including probably losing the money.

I really do hope that the technician who "repaired" the amp is genuine.

Trust usually gets blown away whenever anyone betrays any promises made and continually failed to communicate. Although may be genuine, any attempts by anyone through third party communication (instead of the first party) will definitely cause scepticism so I will have such thoughts in my mind too.

jameslee

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by surroy Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:11 pm

gentlemen - good news indeed. Andrew deemed the amp fixed and had a kind soul pick it up for me in KL and has arrvd home now. there is a 6mth warranty on this item from the seller's rep (wong) and andrew. so I can finally put this issue to rest. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the mod(s) and members of this forum for their kind opinions and observations and support.

surroy
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ongaaron Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Surroy,
            It's nice to hear your conflict is resolved. Now ENJOY YOUR MUSIC.

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Excellent.... Enjoy your new kit...

Looking for some help to track down seller (Long) in KL - Page 2 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cshoes Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Congratulation to moderators and hifi4sale admins. Well done on your efforts to make this case settle in a peaceful situation. I am pity to someone which is been attack by anonymous person. Anyway. Kindly to wish good luck to all the participants in this topic. 
In view to this, i wish to inform acoustimass that i feel feeezing due to drowned and submerge in the deep sea for so long. I thought i will meet you under the deep sea and sing SILENT NIGHT for you. Fortunately, you have rescue by the Navy who in the mission to find the missing plane. Hahahahahah. 
Anyway, good luck guys. Enjoy your hi-fi. Cheerssss.

cshoes

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jameslee Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:46 pm

Finally, its great to know that this matter have been resolved in a win-win situation for both parties!!

jameslee

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cshoes Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi james, how are you? Actually i not agreed towards you action on your previous post. Simply put people's personal particular in the forum and trying to be a hero. You are an semi paralyzed person and sitting in a wheel chair. Please take care of yourself 1st before puting your finger to dig people's buttock. I just want you to know. How is feeling now is actually the same feel to other people when you simply say and write without care about people feeling. I hope you learn from this and don't simply write something without using your brain. I got many more about your stories. I wanted to see what is your reply. From there i will post more about you in this forum. I am sorry if my words offended you.

cshoes

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:00 pm

Ok forumers... lets close this chapter... the issue have been resolved... so lets all enjoy our hifi and music...

Looking for some help to track down seller (Long) in KL - Page 2 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2